What is the hardest thing your relationship has been through?

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

24 years on June 15th!!! 🎉
Lotus wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:31 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:07 pm After years of therapy and on and off medication, I went through ECT and that did it. I haven’t had an episode in almost 20 years. After that both DH and I made some changes, we became more religious, which gave us a different outlook in life and I think that has also contributed in preventing the lows that can trigger a depressive episode.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 pm

What helped with your depression?
Very happy for you. How long have you been married?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I don’t even know where to start. Huge arguments about him wanting a second child when I didn’t. He eventually won because I couldn’t take it anymore. Possibly addiction. If one more big thing happens or he tries to manipulate me again I’m out.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm My mental health.
HUGS to you vegas, you are one of my favorite members.
Thank you! 🙂
Anonymous 12

Unread post

His bizarre sense of guilt? or whatever it was to help his family financially, even though it puts our own family at a disadvantage. So close to walking away from him and his ridiculousness over people who only call him when they want something... Urgh, makes me so angry. His spending habits - he's gotten better but still drives me crazy how much money he wastes on junk we don't need or want. He always says "it's only money, can't spend it when we're dead" - yeah well I plan to live a long time and need it for my retirement! We have very different views and styles about most everything. It's best not to discuss politics at all. It's a miracle lol that we have been mostly happily married for almost 32 years. I think we both choose to mostly ignore stuff for the most part, it builds up and then boom we go through rough patches. Then suddenly for no real reason, things are good again.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carters, I often wonder how you are doing since the loss of your dad. I'm sorry I haven't said so sooner. I'm glad to hear that you are doing better. Losing my father was the most difficult loss in my life. Again, I'm glad you are doing better. HUG.
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm When old ones died and new were born. Life was changed, disassembled, rearranged.

I know that's a song lyric but it's true.

The single hardest thing I've ever had to do is deal with the death of my Dad. I feel a little better these days but DH was a saint those first few months.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm
Lotus wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:09 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:49 pm My mental health.
HUGS to you vegas, you are one of my favorite members.
Thank you! 🙂
Same here.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 13

Unread post

Husband home but not present to his wife or kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic