No one with a working brain is protesting, rioting, or looting right now

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Covid 19 is still out there. Going around a large group of people is stupid no matter what the cause is. You can't properly social distance in those situations. Anyone out protesting, looting, or rioting is not very smart.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've been wondering if we're going to see an upswing in positive test results in a couple of weeks.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I've been wondering the same.
wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:41 pm I've been wondering if we're going to see an upswing in positive test results in a couple of weeks.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm not protesting because of the chance of violence. Were I to I'd wear a mask. I do think one can petition or write which are also effective.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 pm I'm not protesting because of the chance of violence. Were I to I'd wear a mask. I do think one can petition or write which are also effective.
Wearing a mask doesn't protect you.. you do realize that right? It protects others and unless everyone is wearing a mask no one can really be protected. Plus studies have shown that just talking loud can spread the virus more than 6 feet so anyone yelling/shouting in protest is spreading it even farther.

I agree with you that there are other ways to be effective. People can petition and even "protest" at home while still protecting themselves and others.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Tens of thousands protested just a few weeks ago against their state's shut down orders. For many people, this cause is worth the risk.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:41 pm Tens of thousands protested just a few weeks ago against their state's shut down orders. For many people, this cause is worth the risk.
They are still idiots.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The governors are giving rioters and vandals a free pass on the mask and social distancing rule they enforce for us law abiding citizens. Maybe the rioters and looters and get instant immunity from the virus because they are thugs.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:38 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:35 pm I'm not protesting because of the chance of violence. Were I to I'd wear a mask. I do think one can petition or write which are also effective.
Wearing a mask doesn't protect you.. you do realize that right? It protects others and unless everyone is wearing a mask no one can really be protected. Plus studies have shown that just talking loud can spread the virus more than 6 feet so anyone yelling/shouting in protest is spreading it even farther.

I agree with you that there are other ways to be effective. People can petition and even "protest" at home while still protecting themselves and others.
I know these things. I'm just telling you why I personally don't go. But covid-19 is also a problem. I wish no ill to anyone but if all the looters ended up on ventilators I wouldn't shed a tear. It would serve them all right. The problem is who else they infect.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:41 pm I've been wondering if we're going to see an upswing in positive test results in a couple of weeks.
Me too. Lots of people in one place seems like the perfect opportunity for the virus to spread.
Locked Previous topicNext topic