Meat

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are you guys inconvenienced about the meat shortage? Do you think it will be resolved by the end of summer? Or when?

I know my family is not starving, but it does just add another little stressor to our lives. And as a previous farm girl, I am sad & disturbed that they are having to euthanize so many animals and just bury them.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Yes. We are big meat eaters. I could live on pasta the rest of my life but DH wouldn’t have it. We are taking turns picking up a package or 2 every time we are out to keep stocked. Prices on meat has really swelled also.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When people were out hunting toilet paper, we kinda thought - what's next? And stocked our garage freezer. We're good for now as we use meat sparingly and there's a produce farm up the road, but it is concerning. Everything has a domino effect. Trying to think "what's next" and stay ahead. Hurricane season is coming... I'm currently stocking up on batteries and water and things I know my kids will eat should we be hit.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yes the prices for meat have gone up and some are almost double the prices they were before. Our local store would always have good deals before this happened an now they have no deals on meat.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We're good, I stocked up a few weeks ago
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I did a meat CSA from a local farm!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 am Yes. We are big meat eaters. I could live on pasta the rest of my life but DH wouldn’t have it. We are taking turns picking up a package or 2 every time we are out to keep stocked. Prices on meat has really swelled also.
Our local grocery store wanted $25 for one slab of baby back ribs, uncooked, unseasoned!

And yes, out of our family of 5, 2 grumble about meatless or meat-as-a-spice meals. I understand completely!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 am I did a meat CSA from a local farm!
In our area, these are also impacted, and currently, there are none available or at least when we checked several weeks ago, as they cannot process their animals.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are lucky in that we are not experiencing a meat shortage here. But prices have gone up. We just purchased a 1/4 cow and that will last us for the year anyway. Is that option available to you? If so it may be something to look into, if you have the freezer space. It cost us $950 this year and we get about 120 pounds of meat which works out to just under $8.00 per pound. We split a 1/2 cow with our neighbour, and pick it up this weekend.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was able to find a big pack of hamburger at Costco the other day for the first time in weeks. That'll last us a while. There hasn't been a shortage of chicken or roast here so we are good. Not big on pork.
Locked Previous topicNext topic