Easy slip on shoes?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I interviewed for a job over the weekend and I’m pretty confident I got the job. It’s a nanny position and the family does not wear shoes in the house for sanitary reasons.

If they do offer me the position I would like to buy a pair of shoes that I leave there and wear in the house, I need extra cushion and don’t like going barefoot in someone else’s house...or even just wearing socks.

So what’s a good fairly cheap sneaker you’d recommend? Because I’d only wear them in their home, though it is 50 hours a week, I don’t want to buy an expensive pair of shoes.

Any suggestions?

I normally wear brooks, there is a pair on clearance that are 70 bucks...I’m half tempted to buy those.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 am I interviewed for a job over the weekend and I’m pretty confident I got the job. It’s a nanny position and the family does not wear shoes in the house for sanitary reasons.

If they do offer me the position I would like to buy a pair of shoes that I leave there and wear in the house, I need extra cushion and don’t like going barefoot in someone else’s house...or even just wearing socks.

So what’s a good fairly cheap sneaker you’d recommend? Because I’d only wear them in their home, though it is 50 hours a week, I don’t want to buy an expensive pair of shoes.

Any suggestions?

I normally wear brooks, there is a pair on clearance that are 70 bucks...I’m half tempted to buy those.
What happened with the doctor client who loved you so much?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a pair of puma's that are slip on. I love them. They have the mesh body yet a lot of support. I just did a google search for easy slip on sneakers/walking shoe I found many styles at very reasonable prices.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:45 am
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 am I interviewed for a job over the weekend and I’m pretty confident I got the job. It’s a nanny position and the family does not wear shoes in the house for sanitary reasons.

Any suggestions?

What happened with the doctor client who loved you so much?
It was always supposed to be a temporary position. They told me from day 1 they would be putting her in daycare and they extended my contact twice but now that she’s at level with kids her age and she doesn’t seem to have any lasting effects from being born 4 months premature they are putting her in daycare.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:50 am I have a pair of puma's that are slip on. I love them. They have the mesh body yet a lot of support. I just did a google search for easy slip on sneakers/walking shoe I found many styles at very reasonable prices.
I’ll check out pumas, I googled too but I wanted recommendations from people who actually wear them. I hate buying shoes and then it turns out they are crap.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'd say Sperry or find a comfortable sturdy slipper, like mahabis. I'd also check with your employer if they have a preference of sneaker over slipper.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Buy a pair of slippers. They probably wont want shoes in their home at all, it doesn't matter if you only wear them in their house.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Easy Spirit makes very comfortable slip ons. You can get them with a discount coupon at Boscovs.
https://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/women ... 198800.htm
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:33 am Buy a pair of slippers. They probably wont want shoes in their home at all, it doesn't matter if you only wear them in their house.
This. If they don't want shoes in the house, they don't want them. It doesn't matter what you like or don't like. Or what you need. Its their house. Ask them before you send money.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:35 am Easy Spirit makes very comfortable slip ons. You can get them with a discount coupon at Boscovs.
https://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/women ... 198800.htm
I like those. That may work.
Locked Previous topicNext topic