Easy slip on shoes?

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 3:19 pm
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 8:13 am I interviewed for a job over the weekend and I’m pretty confident I got the job. It’s a nanny position and the family does not wear shoes in the house for sanitary reasons.

If they do offer me the position I would like to buy a pair of shoes that I leave there and wear in the house, I need extra cushion and don’t like going barefoot in someone else’s house...or even just wearing socks.

So what’s a good fairly cheap sneaker you’d recommend? Because I’d only wear them in their home, though it is 50 hours a week, I don’t want to buy an expensive pair of shoes.

Any suggestions?

I normally wear brooks, there is a pair on clearance that are 70 bucks...I’m half tempted to buy those.
Crocs are comfy and easy to wash. I don't like going barefoot either. I usually wear my crocs in the house. I wear Nike's cross trainers for arch support. They're not cheap. I try to snag a pair when they go on sale, though. They're the only brand of sneakers besides Reebok that fit my foot. All the other brands are either too tight across the top of my foot or just don't have the arch support. If you need a pair of shoes that fit snugly and comfortably so you can chase after kids, I wouldn't get crocs though.

Hmm, you’re right. Crocs may not be a good idea. I need arch support otherwise my feet ache after a little bit of time, that’s why I’m looking at sneakers. For me the quality of Nike has gone down, their shoes only last me 6 months. I may try Reebok though and see how they hold up.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:59 am I wouldn’t allow my nanny to wear shoes in the house. It’s setting a bad example for my kids, who have been taught to remove their shoes as soon as they walk in the door.
What if you or your husband are doing work in your house on a ladder, cleaning high cabinets, or painting etc and you need steady footing? No way can I work in my home with no shoes on.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

lauren08 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:03 pm
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 pm
lauren08 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm I would opt for slippers if they don’t like shoes in their home. DDs and I usually wear Ugg slippers around the house, which are comfortable.
Ive thought about that, there’s a pair I want but spending 100 on a pair of slippers that will be left at someone else’s house and only worn at work seems a bit excessive.
I believe there’s a cheaper brand by Ugg called Koolaburra. I would just go with something comfy since you’re going to be wearing them all day.
Yes and they are comfy. You can buy these at Shoe Carnival.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I like Bzees. They're super light weight, but have a lot of support. They have a bunch of styles (some are really ugly. Lol.) They're great for my plantar fasciitis.
Locked Previous topicNext topic