Anyone on twitter?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a twitter account that I have never used. I signed up on twitter because I was told this is what you need to build your platform (Im an aspiring writer). So I figured that I would sign up and use it when I am ready. I have never posted anything on there. I have, however, liked a few posts (tweets?) here and there recently. Since then I have been getting notifications of people following me. Some people are verified accounts. Like recently this up-and-coming music artist has started following me. Why are people following me? Now I feel pressured in posting things on there. Is it because they can see my likes? Am I supposed to follow them back? Is that why they are following me? I don't know how to use this platform! Lol. Im just going to be honest, I don't understand twitter at all. Social media scares the shit out of me, if Im being honest. It seems like it can be a double-edged sword. I so don't want to do this.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:01 pm I have a twitter account that I have never used. I signed up on twitter because I was told this is what you need to build your platform (Im an aspiring writer). So I figured that I would sign up and use it when I am ready. I have never posted anything on there. I have, however, liked a few posts (tweets?) here and there recently. Since then I have been getting notifications of people following me. Some people are verified accounts. Like recently this up-and-coming music artist has started following me. Why are people following me? Now I feel pressured in posting things on there. Is it because they can see my likes? Am I supposed to follow them back? Is that why they are following me? I don't know how to use this platform! Lol. Im just going to be honest, I don't understand twitter at all. Social media scares the shit out of me, if Im being honest. It seems like it can be a double-edged sword. I so don't want to do this.
Then don't do it. I don't like fb, twitter, instagram, snapchat or tiktok
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I’m on twitter for the same reason you are. I don’t get on very often and haven’t tweeted in forever.

I have almost 200 followers. The Twitter writing community is very supportive. #WritingCommunity is a great place to start as far as networking and connecting with like-minded people.

Don’t feel pressured to post if you don’t want to. Just keep in mind, Twitter is like any other social site. I look at each one of my new followers and about half the time I delete the fakes.

Be careful with following back, though. What happens is some, not all, will follow a bunch of people and delete once they get a follow back. I don’t follow back right away. That is a scammy way to inflate numbers. They do that on IG as well.
Progress, not perfection.
Locked Previous topicNext topic