Hopefully, it all gets resolved today.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:18 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:12 pm An IEP will give him more rights since all the accommodations and goals have to be specialized and written. A 504 isn't as stringent. But certain diagnoses are needed for an IEP. Things that affect education. Physical disability, speech issues, blindness, deafness, autism, I think dyslexia, maybe ADHD. My escrow is always short because every year my insurance goes up thanks to Dorian, Irma, Michael and Matthew. I may have to get out of Florida.
ADHD is his diagnosis. I'd like him tested by the district just to see what they see through testing. But I don't know that an IEP is really necessary for him. He just needs accommodations such as additional time, etc which the 504 should be fine. But one way or another I want to get something established before he goes to high school (he's in 7th now) so that it can just transfer with him. This is his first year in this district. His previous school was a complete joke in trying to get anything accomplished along these lines.
Idk now ds" pediatrician thinks his problem is anxiety not adhd. But his IEP is because of his speech apraxia.
I'm over these meetings and the testing. They're necessary and I'm glad it exists. But I'm still over them. He'll be a senior next year and then I'm done. 😀
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am How tall is your foundation?
No clue. All I can tell you is that it's a ranch-style home, no basement, no crawl space, no nothing underneath.
Sounds like you have a concrete foundation. Is it stucco siding and does it go all the way to the ground or is there an area of painted concrete showing at the bottom?

I'd say this is poor drainage. Remove the rocks, create a swoop leading away from the house and put medium sized rocks there.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:42 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:31 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am How tall is your foundation?
No clue. All I can tell you is that it's a ranch-style home, no basement, no crawl space, no nothing underneath.
Sounds like you have a concrete foundation. Is it stucco siding and does it go all the way to the ground or is there an area of painted concrete showing at the bottom?

I'd say this is poor drainage. Remove the rocks, create a swoop leading away from the house and put medium sized rocks there.
Stucco all the way to the ground. I really don't know much about this kind of stuff. I just know there wasn't a problem before and now there is. If the pool company won't fix it then we'll have to go through insurance to do so.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Where in the world do you live that there are no gutters?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck with everything!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:05 pm Where in the world do you live that there are no gutters?
Arizona. Desert. A couple hours from Vegas.

This is pretty typical in my city. The curved tile roof with no gutters on the edges. I guess when you only average 6" of rainfall a year and can usually count on one hand the number of times it rains in a year, you don't really bother with gutters.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I can deal with many home issues. But WATER DAMAGE is one that particularly stresses me out. Sorry you're going through this.
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 am Both good and bad.

The good: I'm going through the mail and one envelope I open is a refund check from the Electric company. We paid them an estimate to move the power line hanging over our pool (as part of the project to replace our pool). Apparently the actual came back lower than the estimate so we got a refund of the difference.
Then I open another envelope and it's our annual escrow disclosure statement with a refund for surplus escrow plus stating that our monthly mortgage will go down by $18.

The bad: The new pool has been done for a few weeks. Over the weekend we got our first rain since the project was complete. As part of the project, they removed a cement pad that was right up against the house that the old pool equipment sat on. They put the new pool equipment in another part of the yard and in place of this cement pad they put rock landscaping. Well, on the other side of the wall where the cement pad was is our guest bedroom. While it was pouring rain I went in there to clean it out (IL's coming this weekend) and realized that a section of the carpet is soaked. We've never had that problem before, not until they removed that cement pad on the outside. So somehow they changed the drainage and water is getting in under the house. The project manager for our whole pool project is coming today to take a look. We'll see what he says and go from there.

ETA: And I finally got a meeting notice from the school district for my DS regarding his educational needs. I only requested back in October to see about testing him and getting either a 504 or IEP, whichever is more appropriate for him. But at least there is a meeting now tomorrow morning so we can move forward on something.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Power line over a pool?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:10 pm Power line over a pool?
Yes. I posted about it when it was first brought to our attention that it was an issue. It was already there when we bought the home (running from the back alley to the house) and the inspection report said nothing about it. So it stayed until we recently decided to replace the pool and were informed that it would have to be moved in order to get the permit approved. So we paid to have it moved. We were told by the electrician who helped us with it, that the inspector who did the inspection when we bought the house really should have caught it and demanded that it be moved at that time. He also told us that we could rightfully sue that inspector / inspection company because they fucked up big time. But I briefly looked into it and at this point it would not have been worth the cost to sue. So we just went with it and considered it part of the cost of replacing the pool.
Locked Previous topicNext topic