UPDATES - It keeps pouring in.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Both good and bad.

The good: I'm going through the mail and one envelope I open is a refund check from the Electric company. We paid them an estimate to move the power line hanging over our pool (as part of the project to replace our pool). Apparently the actual came back lower than the estimate so we got a refund of the difference.
Then I open another envelope and it's our annual escrow disclosure statement with a refund for surplus escrow plus stating that our monthly mortgage will go down by $18.

The bad: The new pool has been done for a few weeks. Over the weekend we got our first rain since the project was complete. As part of the project, they removed a cement pad that was right up against the house that the old pool equipment sat on. They put the new pool equipment in another part of the yard and in place of this cement pad they put rock landscaping. Well, on the other side of the wall where the cement pad was is our guest bedroom. While it was pouring rain I went in there to clean it out (IL's coming this weekend) and realized that a section of the carpet is soaked. We've never had that problem before, not until they removed that cement pad on the outside. So somehow they changed the drainage and water is getting in under the house. The project manager for our whole pool project is coming today to take a look. We'll see what he says and go from there.

ETA: And I finally got a meeting notice from the school district for my DS regarding his educational needs. I only requested back in October to see about testing him and getting either a 504 or IEP, whichever is more appropriate for him. But at least there is a meeting now tomorrow morning so we can move forward on something.

UPDATE: For the leak issue, the project manager came out and took a look and determined that when the guys removed the cement pad, they chipped away part of the foundation. Hence the water seeping in. So he's going to schedule someone to come and repair the foundation. Apparently ours was done different than most. I guess most houses, the foundation is poured and then any cement pads outside are poured separately. I guess ours was all one, which I guess means the guys weren't as experienced dealing with that. IDK, as long as it's fixed that's all I care about.

Had the meeting with the school this morning and at this point we are going to wait on testing but they are going to write up a 504 plan for him. I'm good with that. Since he doesn't struggle to learn the material he's not spec ed and therefore testing would likely be just a waste of time. He just needs the classroom accommodations for extra time, preferential seating, extra reminders, extra organization all for his ADHD. And they are going to make up a booklet for him of basically daily check-offs. Essentially in each class he will check off if he did his work, turned in his work, etc and the teacher will sign it. Then he will bring it home so we can see it and sign it. Extra communication between us and teachers basically. Ideally to help keep him on track.
And that's really all I was looking for is the 504 plan. I just requested the testing and everything to cover all my bases. If they think he doesn't need it right now I'm good with that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

How tall is your foundation?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am How tall is your foundation?
No clue. All I can tell you is that it's a ranch-style home, no basement, no crawl space, no nothing underneath.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Are your gutters clear?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope they get it figured out. Water damage is no joke!!!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And I hope you get the IEP all figures out.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:35 am Are your gutters clear?
No gutters on the house. Most houses in the area do not have gutters.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

An IEP will give him more rights since all the accommodations and goals have to be specialized and written. A 504 isn't as stringent. But certain diagnoses are needed for an IEP. Things that affect education. Physical disability, speech issues, blindness, deafness, autism, I think dyslexia, maybe ADHD. My escrow is always short because every year my insurance goes up thanks to Dorian, Irma, Michael and Matthew. I may have to get out of Florida.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 am I hope they get it figured out. Water damage is no joke!!!
Absolutely. We've already dealt with water damage in every house we've owned. This house it was three years ago with a leaky hot water heater. Past two houses we had busted pipes. This is why home-owners insurance exists and why I can't imagine people not having insurance.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:12 pm An IEP will give him more rights since all the accommodations and goals have to be specialized and written. A 504 isn't as stringent. But certain diagnoses are needed for an IEP. Things that affect education. Physical disability, speech issues, blindness, deafness, autism, I think dyslexia, maybe ADHD. My escrow is always short because every year my insurance goes up thanks to Dorian, Irma, Michael and Matthew. I may have to get out of Florida.
ADHD is his diagnosis. I'd like him tested by the district just to see what they see through testing. But I don't know that an IEP is really necessary for him. He just needs accommodations such as additional time, etc which the 504 should be fine. But one way or another I want to get something established before he goes to high school (he's in 7th now) so that it can just transfer with him. This is his first year in this district. His previous school was a complete joke in trying to get anything accomplished along these lines.
Locked Previous topicNext topic