It never ends update

Anonymous 1

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:47 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am
bmw29 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 am Having the septic tank pumped is so much easier than a major clog. Our septic system is old and riddled with tree roots so we have to have it pumped once a year. That less than $200. We had to get a quote for a clog in the main line once and it was soooo much more.
Unless your brother is a plumber and can take care of a clog for you :) he also gave me the name of some root killing stuff to use just in case tree roots are impacting it.
That shit doesn't work well at all.
This one does he has a ton of experience with it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:22 am Do you have a lift station?
I don't even know what that is.
It's the pre tank where the pump is. Replacing mine was almost a grand :x
Nope we don't have an engineered septic ours is good old gravity fed. We live on a hill and its downhill to our septic tank then downhill from there to our leech field.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:18 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 am

I don't even know what that is.
It's the pre tank where the pump is. Replacing mine was almost a grand :x
I think my city doesn't even allow repairs. They want us on city sewer. I said do a grant and I will.
There isn't city sewer in the area I live so that's not an option.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My DH buys this stuff for but idk if it's septic safe as we have a sewer. It works every time. He's been using it for the 12 years he has lived in this house with no issues.

It is VERY caustic though. It comes in a bottle in a bag but the smell doesn't last long.
instant-power-chemical-drain-openers-1970-64_1000.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:19 pm My DH buys this stuff for but idk if it's septic safe as we have a sewer. It works every time. He's been using it for the 12 years he has lived in this house with no issues.

It is VERY caustic though. It comes in a bottle in a bag but the smell doesn't last long.

instant-power-chemical-drain-openers-1970-64_1000.jpg
Interesting I may have to get some in case it happens again. That is if its septic safe. Thanks.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I hope you hear good news and that there's an easy/inexpensive fix! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:12 pm I hope you hear good news and that there's an easy/inexpensive fix! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Thank you. I'm so thankful to have a plumber in the family right now!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It's all better yay!
Locked Previous topicNext topic