It never ends update

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Having the septic tank pumped is so much easier than a major clog. Our septic system is old and riddled with tree roots so we have to have it pumped once a year. That less than $200. We had to get a quote for a clog in the main line once and it was soooo much more.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

let us know how this works out. I had a similar issue when I lived in the country. Ended up having it emptied and it was cheaper than I thought.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

oy, mercury in retrograde.
good luck!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:46 am I would have put some Draino down the tub first, and see if that fixes the problem. Good luck. Hope it's nothing serious.
I believe that's bad for a septic tank. I shouldn't even use a garbage disposal is what I was told so I don't. I've had a main pipe clogged but when that happened nothing drained out and the plumber plunged from the roof. That cost more than getting a tank drained.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but needs like this come before birthdays and anniversaries I think.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:04 am Hopefully it doesn't come to it, but needs like this come before birthdays and anniversaries I think.
I agree except we have savings so if it comes to it I'll just take money from there. I just hate to do it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 am Having the septic tank pumped is so much easier than a major clog. Our septic system is old and riddled with tree roots so we have to have it pumped once a year. That less than $200. We had to get a quote for a clog in the main line once and it was soooo much more.
Unless your brother is a plumber and can take care of a clog for you :) he also gave me the name of some root killing stuff to use just in case tree roots are impacting it.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:25 am
bmw29 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:13 am Having the septic tank pumped is so much easier than a major clog. Our septic system is old and riddled with tree roots so we have to have it pumped once a year. That less than $200. We had to get a quote for a clog in the main line once and it was soooo much more.
Unless your brother is a plumber and can take care of a clog for you :) he also gave me the name of some root killing stuff to use just in case tree roots are impacting it.
That shit doesn't work well at all.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:22 am Do you have a lift station?
I don't even know what that is.
It's the pre tank where the pump is. Replacing mine was almost a grand :x
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:55 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:15 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:22 am Do you have a lift station?
I don't even know what that is.
It's the pre tank where the pump is. Replacing mine was almost a grand :x
I think my city doesn't even allow repairs. They want us on city sewer. I said do a grant and I will.
Locked Previous topicNext topic