Would you say something?

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:34 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
Seems the king had one to many goblets of ale....and now heads must role due to his drunken foolishness.
Hehe 😉
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:36 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm Honestly, I could see a person in clown costume doing this. I don't think it's a big deal. And I wouldn't complain about it.

Grandma can't say, "Get off" or "Stop" in english?
Don't sit on people, especially when they are laying with their eyes closed. When she's under pressure, she forgets the words. She's in her 70s and this is her fourth language, I don't blame her.
It doesn't matter the language. Some little old lady waving her arms and yelling should get the point across. These performers are probably not the most mentally stable. I'm sure it was a joke and unless he sat on her full weight I wouldn't complain. If he did that's different. He could have hurt her.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 pm My family went to a festival with my sister, her family, and my grandmother. There was a blood drive at the festival, so we decided to do it. About 15 minutes after we left the drive, my husband and BIL had taken the kids to use the bathroom, we were over on the other side of the festival, and my sister starts feeling really dizzy. This happened to me one time before when I donated, so I had her lay down on a bench and put her feet up and told my grandmother to sit with her while I go get her some juice.

I'm waiting in line about 20 feet away and I hear my grandmother yelling, so I look over and this man in a big king costume, like a mascot costume, was sitting on my sister, like on her lap and stomach. I ran over and told him to get off of her. I said "did you not see her or something?" and he tried to laugh it off and said "I was just joking around, she shouldn't lay there if she doesn't want to get sat on. Too much to drink?" I told him no, she just donated blood and was about to faint. He awkwardly said "uh, sorry", like in a snarky way, and walked away.

I gave her some juice and walked her back over to the blood drive to lay down and after a few minutes she felt better, but was still really upset. She said she was really close to passing out, like everything was fuzzy, and all of a sudden there was this weight on her lap holding her down. She wanted to yell and push him off, but she was so out of it at that point that she couldn't do anything. My sister has PTSD after an assault and having someone hold her down and having contact with her pelvic region is very traumatic for her. My grandmother doesn't speak a lot of english, so she was also upset that she couldn't find the words to tell him to get off.

Our husbands and the kids came and found us and after a little bit my sister was feeling much better and we had a good time. At the end they have a parade and everyone walks with their group. The guy in the costume turned out to be a part of the group that runs the festival. My sister wants to contact them to share what happened and ask that they speak to their group about appropriate behavior in the future. Like, you don't just sit on a stranger to try to be funny. You don't know why they are laying like that or if they are okay with being touched.
This did not happen but if it did then your rude entitled family is at fault.
Your sister was the rude ass for laying down taking up an entire bench. She had no right laying on the entire bench, this man needed to sit down also. She could have sat down like a normal decent unselfish ass and put her head between her knees, that would have helped more. If anyone else had laid down on the bench, you would have called them rude and selfish but since it was your sister ( that was alleged assaulted and has ptsd) then its okay. You entire troll family is a bunch of rude entitled bougie asses thats always involved in some sort of drama, smh
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.
Only you ...
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:36 pm
AngelicUnicorn wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:34 pm
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:29 pm I find this hard to believe. The king sat on your ill SIL at the fair? WTH.
Seems the king had one to many goblets of ale....and now heads must role due to his drunken foolishness.
Hehe 😉
😄
Progress, not perfection.
AngelicUnicorn
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 pm My family went to a festival with my sister, her family, and my grandmother. There was a blood drive at the festival, so we decided to do it. About 15 minutes after we left the drive, my husband and BIL had taken the kids to use the bathroom, we were over on the other side of the festival, and my sister starts feeling really dizzy. This happened to me one time before when I donated, so I had her lay down on a bench and put her feet up and told my grandmother to sit with her while I go get her some juice.

I'm waiting in line about 20 feet away and I hear my grandmother yelling, so I look over and this man in a big king costume, like a mascot costume, was sitting on my sister, like on her lap and stomach. I ran over and told him to get off of her. I said "did you not see her or something?" and he tried to laugh it off and said "I was just joking around, she shouldn't lay there if she doesn't want to get sat on. Too much to drink?" I told him no, she just donated blood and was about to faint. He awkwardly said "uh, sorry", like in a snarky way, and walked away.

I gave her some juice and walked her back over to the blood drive to lay down and after a few minutes she felt better, but was still really upset. She said she was really close to passing out, like everything was fuzzy, and all of a sudden there was this weight on her lap holding her down. She wanted to yell and push him off, but she was so out of it at that point that she couldn't do anything. My sister has PTSD after an assault and having someone hold her down and having contact with her pelvic region is very traumatic for her. My grandmother doesn't speak a lot of english, so she was also upset that she couldn't find the words to tell him to get off.

Our husbands and the kids came and found us and after a little bit my sister was feeling much better and we had a good time. At the end they have a parade and everyone walks with their group. The guy in the costume turned out to be a part of the group that runs the festival. My sister wants to contact them to share what happened and ask that they speak to their group about appropriate behavior in the future. Like, you don't just sit on a stranger to try to be funny. You don't know why they are laying like that or if they are okay with being touched.
This did not happen but if it did then your rude entitled family is at fault.
Your sister was the rude ass for laying down taking up an entire bench. She had no right laying on the entire bench, this man needed to sit down also. She could have sat down like a normal decent unselfish ass and put her head between her knees, that would have helped more. If anyone else had laid down on the bench, you would have called them rude and selfish but since it was your sister ( that was alleged assaulted and has ptsd) then its okay. You entire troll family is a bunch of rude entitled bougie asses thats always involved in some sort of drama, smh
Gotta admit the drama gets outrageously goofy and humorous with each new episode.
Progress, not perfection.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:45 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:38 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:32 pm IMO, a festival is not a good place to donate blood. Generally, when I've donated, I've been asked to wait 15 to 20 minutes before leaving the facility.

I'm so sorry this happened to your SIL and I would definitely report it to the festival organizer. Perhaps they will rethink having blood donation. But performers at a festival shouldn't be held responsible.
We did wait there 15 minutes after donating. Sometimes these things come on later. The performer should be held responsible, they shouldn't touch people and sit on people without knowing if they are okay with it. If my sister was drunk or dehydrated, it still wouldn't make it okay to sit on her.
Was this your first festival?
Ive been to many festivals and never have i ever seen someone sit on someone else
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 pm
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:21 pm No, I wouldn't. Doesn't sound like he meant any harm.
It doesn't matter what he intended, it isn't okay to just sit on people like that.

Well sure. But what's the goal here? Get the guy in trouble? To me it doesn't sound like he wished to cause any harm. He made a mistake. Not even a super-egregious mistake for that matter. Seems like he realized after the fact that he made a mistake as well. Your sister is fine. My perspective is, move on. You asked what I would do, well there it is.
He needs to be retrained on how to treat people. Yes he should be in trouble for SITTING on someone! 🤦
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah, you should tell someone. He's a moron for even doing that. He did it for a laugh, and didn't care about anyone else. I would have told someone right then and there.

Locked Previous topicNext topic