Would you say something?

Anonymous 8

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:59 am I know you don't know how to have fun but-next time give it a try. At a festival most people listen to local music, try different foods from booths, enjoy a stage show, shop, whatever. Giving blood is the most ridiculous thing to do at a festival. Plenty of other places and times to give blood. Can you ever just be normal?
Of course not, then she wouldn’t have anything to bitch about and argue that even though others are telling her she’s wrong, she can’t possibly be.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would say something just to inform them of how it can be for the person being sat on. I wouldn't be angry or looking for anything in return, just inform them so they can make sure their staff makes better choices going forward.

But I do have to say that choosing to donate blood at a festival seems like an odd thing to me. I can't imagine just donating blood on a whim without being prepared for it, and then doing a bunch of walking around afterwards. That seemed like a poor choice on the part of all of you.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Oh Lena your stories are always so interesting.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:17 pm My family went to a festival with my sister, her family, and my grandmother. There was a blood drive at the festival, so we decided to do it. About 15 minutes after we left the drive, my husband and BIL had taken the kids to use the bathroom, we were over on the other side of the festival, and my sister starts feeling really dizzy. This happened to me one time before when I donated, so I had her lay down on a bench and put her feet up and told my grandmother to sit with her while I go get her some juice.

I'm waiting in line about 20 feet away and I hear my grandmother yelling, so I look over and this man in a big king costume, like a mascot costume, was sitting on my sister, like on her lap and stomach. I ran over and told him to get off of her. I said "did you not see her or something?" and he tried to laugh it off and said "I was just joking around, she shouldn't lay there if she doesn't want to get sat on. Too much to drink?" I told him no, she just donated blood and was about to faint. He awkwardly said "uh, sorry", like in a snarky way, and walked away.

I gave her some juice and walked her back over to the blood drive to lay down and after a few minutes she felt better, but was still really upset. She said she was really close to passing out, like everything was fuzzy, and all of a sudden there was this weight on her lap holding her down. She wanted to yell and push him off, but she was so out of it at that point that she couldn't do anything. My sister has PTSD after an assault and having someone hold her down and having contact with her pelvic region is very traumatic for her. My grandmother doesn't speak a lot of english, so she was also upset that she couldn't find the words to tell him to get off.

Our husbands and the kids came and found us and after a little bit my sister was feeling much better and we had a good time. At the end they have a parade and everyone walks with their group. The guy in the costume turned out to be a part of the group that runs the festival. My sister wants to contact them to share what happened and ask that they speak to their group about appropriate behavior in the future. Like, you don't just sit on a stranger to try to be funny. You don't know why they are laying like that or if they are okay with being touched.
This did not happen but if it did then your rude entitled family is at fault.
Your sister was the rude ass for laying down taking up an entire bench. She had no right laying on the entire bench, this man needed to sit down also. She could have sat down like a normal decent unselfish ass and put her head between her knees, that would have helped more. If anyone else had laid down on the bench, you would have called them rude and selfish but since it was your sister ( that was alleged assaulted and has ptsd) then its okay. You entire troll family is a bunch of rude entitled bougie asses thats always involved in some sort of drama, smh
Are you high?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:59 am I know you don't know how to have fun but-next time give it a try. At a festival most people listen to local music, try different foods from booths, enjoy a stage show, shop, whatever. Giving blood is the most ridiculous thing to do at a festival. Plenty of other places and times to give blood. Can you ever just be normal?
We had plenty of fun, as I said in the post. We are capable of doing both. Dozens of people were lined up to donate, so I wouldn't call it abnormal.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:33 am I think once it was explained to him, it ended and you are over reacting. I'm also confused as to why your grandmother was unable to reprimand him as it was occurring. I'd let it go.
The thing is he really didn't seem to care. She is an English language learner and couldn't remember what words to say because she was upset.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:28 am
stilltfez wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:33 am I think once it was explained to him, it ended and you are over reacting. I'm also confused as to why your grandmother was unable to reprimand him as it was occurring. I'd let it go.
The thing is he really didn't seem to care. She is an English language learner and couldn't remember what words to say because she was upset.
"NO" is universal. I would chalk it up as lesson learned.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:39 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:28 am
"NO" is universal. I would chalk it up as lesson learned.
Except no is not universal. No is an English word. No in Japanese is iie, and the guy doesn't know what iie means. She knows how to say no most of the time, but when she's under pressure or is upset, any English she knows goes out the window. The guy didn't really seem to care so I don't think he learned any kind of lesson.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:03 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:41 am
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:31 pm

Well sure. But what's the goal here? Get the guy in trouble? To me it doesn't sound like he wished to cause any harm. He made a mistake. Not even a super-egregious mistake for that matter. Seems like he realized after the fact that he made a mistake as well. Your sister is fine. My perspective is, move on. You asked what I would do, well there it is.
He needs to be retrained on how to treat people. Yes he should be in trouble for SITTING on someone! 🤦
Retrained?? I highly doubt some local yocal is given any training at all. Just told to put on a silly hat (crown?) and entertain people. And of course, Lena and her family were not entertained AT ALL. Like usual.
No that's not how it works. My friend helps run a few local festivals and there 100% is training on each job. They don't just tell you to put on a costume and set up free 🤦
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAO, this post is awesome!
Locked Previous topicNext topic