You know the kid is sick when she won’t even eat a doughnut.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm Ugh. I hate when my DD is sick. It's such a helpless feeling.

I hope she feels better really soon!
Thanks, it really worries me that she’s not eating anything. She only weighs 85 pounds as it is.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:15 pm
KendallsMom wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:37 pm Ugh. I hate when my DD is sick. It's such a helpless feeling.

Thanks, it really worries me that she’s not eating anything. She only weighs 85 pounds as it is.
That also bothers me when DD is sick. She's almost 13, 5'3" and 95 lbs. She can't afford to lose any weight.

Best wishes!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She'll put it back when she's well. Ds always does anyhow.
I knew I was sick when I couldn't eat cake at a friend's baby shower. I can always eat cake. turned out I had the worse gastroenteritis ever. If the grim reaper had come to my door I would have gladly gone with him.
Hope she feels better soon.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:55 pm

I knew I was sick when I couldn't eat cake at a friend's baby shower. I can always eat cake. turned out I had the worse gastroenteritis ever. If the grim reaper had come to my door I would have gladly gone with him.
I have a hard time getting weight on her at all so any loss worries me. She’s 5’7” and 85 pounds, I call her Betty spaghetti. Good news is it seems like no one else in the house has caught it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:48 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:55 pm

I have a hard time getting weight on her at all so any loss worries me. She’s 5’7” and 85 pounds, I call her Betty spaghetti. Good news is it seems like no one else in the house has caught it.
Ds is 119 at 5'6 so I understand. He's thin like my mom's side of the family. And for a while I had to make sure he ate. He was skipping breakfast and sometimes not eating lunch. So he lost weight. He was video game addicted. Once he admitted it and we broke the habit he started eating again.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Dd has the flu also since thursday. Ds was running a high temp on friday so we go back to the doctor, he has an ear infection. Saturday ydd was running a high temp saturday, back to the doctor again, she has strep throat and an ear infection.
I wish these kids could somehow coordinate their illnesses so we could make ONE trip to the peds office. All day I've been hovering yds thinkimg its his turn to get sick and need to go to UC or the ER.
I give mine frozen fruit bars or frozen yogurt, pudding, clear broth, tea, smoothies, fresh fruit to eat. Im not against bribing them either
I hope she feels better soon
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

you definitely want to keep her hydrated.
even if its just ice chips, she needs to be taking in fluids.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

When my daughter was little she wouldn't eat anything when she got sick. She'd always lose a few pounds. One time she was sick and not eating and I tried tempting her with chocolate cake ~ her favorite. I could only get her to eat a few bites.
Locked Previous topicNext topic