I am a little skeptical about it

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm No way in hell would I get myself into that.
Not me either and I've been desperate. Talk to a rental agent or a real estate agent like everyone else is suggesting. Also a banker. You might be able to get help if you're a first time home buyer.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Makes me wonder if this chick even owns the unit. This could be a scam. OP you should talk to the park manager about the lot and the unit.
Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm The utilities being off now worry me. Why aren’t they on and in the owners name?

Is there a reason the landlord is giving you a bad reference? He is in business to make money so I can’t see him risking you not paying the rent by doing this and then enduring an eviction proceeding...

So if I were you Inwould attempt rent with a company and not a private person. When we rented we never had one call for a reference ever!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:23 pm We've been trying to move for months. My landlord keeps screwing us up. We can't move. Every place we try to get our landlord keeps screwing us. He keeps giving us bad references. He is doing this to keep us from moving.

We saw an ad for a double wide mobile home. FS, as is. It is a 1997. We've done a walk through twice. It needs a little work but nothing major. $1700 down and $344 a month for 48 months. $75 is lot rent. It wasn't the route we wanted to go but at this point it all we can do. At this point if we dont do this we're going to be stuck in this shit hole for years to come.. we have about $10k saved up. So we really dont have enough saved up to buy anything else. $10k isn't a lot of money.

We called her I am supposed to meet her tomorrow at 5pm. I am supposed to give her the money and she is supposed to take the cash to her attorney to sign the contract. I want to get the utilities turned on Tuesday. If I dont do it Tuesday I want be able to do it until March the 4th. I want to do it Tuesday so we can get in it next weekend and start making repairs before we move in it. She also doesn't know anything about the mobile home. She doesn't know if the central heat and air unit works, if the water heater works. Also she says we can't turn the utilities on until the contract is signed by her attorney.

My dh wants to do it. I sorta do but I am also little skeptical. I am worried we are getting ourselves in a money pit. It is always a risk to do a rent to own type of deal. What will be Paying a month is less than half of what we pay now. The repairs we will have to make will take a days worth if work. There are other repairs that will need to be done but they can be done once we move it.

Any advice at this point. I have never done Anything like this so I don't know what all we should do.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

It is terrifying that people are this stupid.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:57 pm The utilities being off now worry me. Why aren’t they on and in the owners name?

Is there a reason the landlord is giving you a bad reference? He is in business to make money so I can’t see him risking you not paying the rent by doing this and then enduring an eviction proceeding...

So if I were you Inwould attempt rent with a company and not a private person. When we rented we never had one call for a reference ever!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:23 pm We've been trying to move for months. My landlord keeps screwing us up. We can't move. Every place we try to get our landlord keeps screwing us. He keeps giving us bad references. He is doing this to keep us from moving.

We saw an ad for a double wide mobile home. FS, as is. It is a 1997. We've done a walk through twice. It needs a little work but nothing major. $1700 down and $344 a month for 48 months. $75 is lot rent. It wasn't the route we wanted to go but at this point it all we can do. At this point if we dont do this we're going to be stuck in this shit hole for years to come.. we have about $10k saved up. So we really dont have enough saved up to buy anything else. $10k isn't a lot of money.

We called her I am supposed to meet her tomorrow at 5pm. I am supposed to give her the money and she is supposed to take the cash to her attorney to sign the contract. I want to get the utilities turned on Tuesday. If I dont do it Tuesday I want be able to do it until March the 4th. I want to do it Tuesday so we can get in it next weekend and start making repairs before we move in it. She also doesn't know anything about the mobile home. She doesn't know if the central heat and air unit works, if the water heater works. Also she says we can't turn the utilities on until the contract is signed by her attorney.

My dh wants to do it. I sorta do but I am also little skeptical. I am worried we are getting ourselves in a money pit. It is always a risk to do a rent to own type of deal. What will be Paying a month is less than half of what we pay now. The repairs we will have to make will take a days worth if work. There are other repairs that will need to be done but they can be done once we move it.

Any advice at this point. I have never done Anything like this so I don't know what all we should do.

He doesn't want is to move. This house has a lot of problems that he refuses to fix. If we move he'll have to fix everything in order to rent it out again. Some of the issues have been like this for over a year. He has kept promising to fix it but hasn't. We started trying to move last summer. The rental companies is what were having the problem with. The only other private person I found his house was worse than this one..it was disgusting.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:12 pm No way in hell would I get myself into that.
Not me either and I've been desperate. Talk to a rental agent or a real estate agent like everyone else is suggesting. Also a banker. You might be able to get help if you're a first time home buyer.
I've been talking to my dh. I'm not paying cash. I'll get a cashier check and I'm not giving her anything without a key and something showing we gave her money so I can turn the power on. But I still have a really bad feeling about this place.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is a complete disaster. I can't believe you are even considering this with all of the red flags. Are you the one who was not paying February rent and the landlord is going to shut off your utilities?
Deleted User 876

Unread post

I would NOT be giving anyone cash. A certified bank check, a money order, or a personal check - something traceable - but NEVER cash.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is what I was thinking. It happens a lot in my area.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:25 pm Makes me wonder if this chick even owns the unit. This could be a scam. OP you should talk to the park manager about the lot and the unit.

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you move to this place you are an idiot, sorry.

You have already stayed somewhere you could have gotten out of easily! You should have sent him a certified letter when he first refused to fix the problem. You should have then advised him you were putting the rent $$ into escrow until it was fixed. Then his referral would have been null—though I hardly believe with proof of paid rent, and prior rental history that NO ONE would rent to you. With only your story I don’t believe it.

At any rate, if you continue t refuse to do your due dilligence, in a month you will be back with a sob story about a 42 year old mobile home that is a fire trap at best....

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:53 pm

He doesn't want is to move. This house has a lot of problems that he refuses to fix. If we move he'll have to fix everything in order to rent it out again. Some of the issues have been like this for over a year. He has kept promising to fix it but hasn't. We started trying to move last summer. The rental companies is what were having the problem with. The only other private person I found his house was worse than this one..it was disgusting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic