ETA Stitchfix box for my 11 year old

Anonymous 5

Unread post

I'm a happy, well-adjusted adult with great kids, who would never expect my 11 year son to wear that style of clothes.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

damn, haters are going to hate.
No idea why you sharing your monthly box is such an issue. I'm always curious to see what people get.

Id like to try the book club for my grandsons, but a monthly subscription would overwhelm my daughter.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

So your 11 year old can't behave in public either? Or is he just being punished because his brother is too feral to take shopping?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:32 am damn, haters are going to hate.
No idea why you sharing your monthly box is such an issue. I'm always curious to see what people get.

Id like to try the book club for my grandsons, but a monthly subscription would overwhelm my daughter.
You can actually do a monthly book box through Amazon for around $21. They send 2 hardcover books each month, and you have the option to preview the box and swap out the selections they made for you for a limited number of other books. If you don’t like any of the selections you also have the option to skip the box. My kids enjoy it and it’s super easy.

I also do a monthly SciKidz science box through Amazon for my 5 year old that he just loves! He’s a little to young to do most of the experiments completely on his own, so I would say the box is probably best suited for 7-8 year olds.

I really don’t understand the drama either, or the reactions to this particular box. My kids need short sleeve shirts with collars for a variety of reasons, and I guess maybe that’s just not common on this board.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:09 am

You can actually do a monthly book box through Amazon for around $21. They send 2 hardcover books each month, and you have the option to preview the box and swap out the selections they made for you for a limited number of other books. If you don’t like any of the selections you also have the option to skip the box. My kids enjoy it and it’s super easy.

I also do a monthly SciKidz science box through Amazon for my 5 year old that he just loves! He’s a little to young to do most of the experiments completely on his own, so I would say the box is probably best suited for 7-8 year olds.

I really don’t understand the drama either, or the reactions to this particular box. My kids need short sleeve shirts with collars for a variety of reasons, and I guess maybe that’s just not common on this board.
Thank you for the shared information., I will check it out.
Listen, for sure it isn't you, or your post. Someone asked for feedback on some shampoo the other day.. some of the comments were ridiculous. Telling her to get her nasty ass in the shower. All because she dared to ask about a haircare product. Eh boy. Have a great day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:49 am So your 11 year old can't behave in public either? Or is he just being punished because his brother is too feral to take shopping?
😂 I think I have had to punish my 11 year old maybe twice in his entire life. He wanted me to order him a vacation box, so I did. And I can take my 5 year old shopping at a mall (and actually did last Wednesday), but he has a definite time limit where he’s going to be well-behaved. Clearly I can also go shopping without my children. I’m not sure why it’s so hard to understand that it’s actually fun for my kids to open these boxes and see what’s inside, and it saves me both money and time. Overall it’s a huge win / win.

Now you can tell me that I suck at shopping, which may be true, but then it’s probably best for everyone involved if I outsource it, no?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

It's not the box, its her attitude. No one had negative things to say until she started going on about how she doesn't even really like the clothes, but this is saving her so much money because she usually spends hundreds on a single outfit for her five year old and now she won't have to take him to store anymore which is just so much easier on her since he runs away and plays hide and seek. But it's not his fault, it's the stores fault because stores just look too much like playgrounds. He is normally so well mannered at his exclusive tennis lessons and exclusive schools and on their regular trips to the Caribbean, which by the way is why they need beach clothes.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 am

Listen, for sure it isn't you, or your post. Someone asked for feedback on some shampoo the other day.. some of the comments were ridiculous. Telling her to get her nasty ass in the shower. All because she dared to ask about a haircare product. Eh boy. Have a great day.
😂 that was me. My “feral” 5 year old and I went to the mall to pick up some stuff for DH, sunscreen for our upcoming vacation, extra swim trunks for the boys, etc, and he asked if we could get some bath bombs at Lush (he loves that store). He wanted to get the shampoo too since it looked like a green piece of cheese, so we did and I was looking for feedback on it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:20 am

It's not the box, its her attitude. No one had negative things to say until she started going on about how she doesn't even really like the clothes, but this is saving her so much money because she usually spends hundreds on a single outfit for her five year old and now she won't have to take him to store anymore which is just so much easier on her since he runs away and plays hide and seek. But it's not his fault, it's the stores fault because stores just look too much like playgrounds. He is normally so well mannered at his exclusive tennis lessons and exclusive schools and on their regular trips to the Caribbean, which by the way is why they need beach clothes.
Other than the fact that the box saves me money, that’s complete crap. You can choose to put that spin on it, but if everyone was attacking your child and your parenting for poor behavior I’m pretty sure you would point out all of the places your child consistently behaves. And my child does behave at the grocery store, in a restaurant, on an airplane, at preschool, at tennis, at musical theater, at karate, shall I go on?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:24 am
Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:14 am

😂 that was me. My “feral” 5 year old and I went to the mall to pick up some stuff for DH, sunscreen for our upcoming vacation, extra swim trunks for the boys, etc, and he asked if we could get some bath bombs at Lush (he loves that store). He wanted to get the shampoo too since it looked like a green piece of cheese, so we did and I was looking for feedback on it.
LOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic