ETA Stitchfix box for my 11 year old

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:58 pm It could just be the way the clothing is appearing in the pic. But to me, this clothing seems very "young" for an 11 year old. I hope he likes it, though.

When you set up the Stitchfix account for his items, did they let you give input as to your favorite colors, themes, etc.,? And if so, did you allow him to weigh in on it? I only ask because already, at that age, my kids knew what they liked and didn't like. I don't think this automatic shipment thing would've ever worked for us. We would've been returning more than 1/2 of the stuff, I believe.

Yes, I actually just handed him my laptop and he rated what he liked and didn’t like. I do think they considered the feedback I’ve given on my 5 year old’s boxes, which is unfortunate. I think he will like the tops, but I’m not so sure about the shorts.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:39 pm E1C0A8D9-0931-499D-8F37-41427434161B.jpeg

This is actually my favorite Stitchfix box so far, so I’m hoping he likes it. It may be a little too cute for him, but I’ll let you all know when I pick him up from his friend’s house this afternoon.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'm not criticizing your parenting because we all parent differently. I'm criticizing your inability to buy clothes
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's funny you should mention your 5 year old's recent box. I thought this clothing looked a lot like that!

It's good that you let your 11 year old rate the clothing so that they'd send stuff he might like. I'd just have him try all of it on and see what he thinks. He may surprise you by what he DOES like and may be willing to wear. Maybe he'll start dressing an entirely new way. Good luck. Let us know what he has to say.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:09 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:58 pm It could just be the way the clothing is appearing in the pic. But to me, this clothing seems very "young" for an 11 year old. I hope he likes it, though.

When you set up the Stitchfix account for his items, did they let you give input as to your favorite colors, themes, etc.,? And if so, did you allow him to weigh in on it? I only ask because already, at that age, my kids knew what they liked and didn't like. I don't think this automatic shipment thing would've ever worked for us. We would've been returning more than 1/2 of the stuff, I believe.

Yes, I actually just handed him my laptop and he rated what he liked and didn’t like. I do think they considered the feedback I’ve given on my 5 year old’s boxes, which is unfortunate. I think he will like the tops, but I’m not so sure about the shorts.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:39 pm E1C0A8D9-0931-499D-8F37-41427434161B.jpeg

This is actually my favorite Stitchfix box so far, so I’m hoping he likes it. It may be a little too cute for him, but I’ll let you all know when I pick him up from his friend’s house this afternoon.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

ETA - He actually liked most of it, and we found a new brand that fits him really well (Tailor Vintage). He’s very slim so he can be tough to fit.
No one is critisizing your parenting unless you are just being lazy and ordering these fugly clothes because your crotch goblins wont behave while in a store.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:18 pm

ETA - He actually liked most of it, and we found a new brand that fits him really well (Tailor Vintage). He’s very slim so he can be tough to fit.
No one is critisizing your parenting unless you are just being lazy and ordering these fugly clothes because your crotch goblins wont behave while in a store.
I am so thankful that I don’t know a single person IRL that would use the type of language you did. Your poor children must be so embarrassed.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:36 pm

I am so thankful that I don’t know a single person IRL that would use the type of language you did. Your poor children must be so embarrassed.

My well behaved wonderful kids with impeccable manners are not on this website and have nothing to be ashamed of. I dont have to resort to ordering their clothing online because I failed as a parent and cant take them out in public like you.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Looks like clothes for a 7yo, not a preteen, but as long as he likes it.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Glad he liked it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:36 pm

My well behaved wonderful kids with impeccable manners are not on this website and have nothing to be ashamed of. I dont have to resort to ordering their clothing online because I failed as a parent and cant take them out in public like you.
I’m sure everyone with happy lives and incredible children spend their time and energy using incredibly foul language to bash strangers on the internet. Your actions just scream “I’m a happy, well-adjusted adult with great kids.” 🙄😂
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:17 pm Looks like clothes for a 7yo, not a preteen, but as long as he likes it.
In fairness, this box was specifically for a Caribbean vacation. It all looks quite preppy in person, but not particularly young for him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic