ETA Stitchfix box for my 11 year old

Anonymous 1

Unread post

E1C0A8D9-0931-499D-8F37-41427434161B.jpeg
This is actually my favorite Stitchfix box so far, so I’m hoping he likes it. It may be a little too cute for him, but I’ll let you all know when I pick him up from his friend’s house this afternoon.

ETA - He actually liked most of it, and we found a new brand that fits him really well (Tailor Vintage). He’s very slim so he can be tough to fit.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Why do you keep doing this to yourself on here? LOL. Cute clothes but like you said for an 11yo he may not be thrilled. How much was this one?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope he likes it.

My 10 year old has declared, he'll only wear collared shirts if I make him, so it'd be a no go in our home, *sigh*...it's all athletic wear around our house, except holidays& special events, when they wear whatever I tell them too. But I think it's a cute box.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:45 pm Why do you keep doing this to yourself on here? LOL. Cute clothes but like you said for an 11yo he may not be thrilled. How much was this one?
I actually think it’s pretty funny to see who criticizes my parenting over children’s clothing! This one is $160 after the 25% discount for keeping everything, which I think is pretty reasonable.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:48 pm I hope he likes it.

My 10 year old has declared, he'll only wear collared shirts if I make him, so it'd be a no go in our home, *sigh*...it's all athletic wear around our house, except holidays& special events, when they wear whatever I tell them too. But I think it's a cute box.
My 11 year old doesn’t have that option since his school dress code requires a tucked in collared shirt and khakis / khaki shorts after spring break. But hey, it’s better than the pre-spring break dress code of a long sleeved button up shirt with a tie!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:52 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:45 pm Why do you keep doing this to yourself on here? LOL. Cute clothes but like you said for an 11yo he may not be thrilled. How much was this one?
I actually think it’s pretty funny to see who criticizes my parenting over children’s clothing! This one is $160 after the 25% discount for keeping everything, which I think is pretty reasonable.
No one criticized your parenting over children's clothes. They criticized your comment that you get these boxes because your five year old can't behave in a clothing store and runs away from you playing hide and seek, so you don't want to take him anymore. I'm not criticizing your parenting, that's just not something I'd put up with for my family, you do you. I also still think it's silly to pay almost $200 for a handful of really basic looking children's clothes that you could get at old navy for $5 a piece and that you don't even really like, but once again, you do you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:59 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:52 pm
No one criticized your parenting over children's clothes. They criticized your comment that you get these boxes because your five year old can't behave in a clothing store and runs away from you playing hide and seek, so you don't want to take him anymore. I'm not criticizing your parenting, that's just not something I'd put up with for my family, you do you. I also still think it's silly to pay almost $200 for a handful of really basic looking children's clothes that you could get at old navy for $5 a piece and that you don't even really like, but once again, you do you.
🙄
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't think my 12 year old would wear any of that. It looks really young.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

It could just be the way the clothing is appearing in the pic. But to me, this clothing seems very "young" for an 11 year old. I hope he likes it, though.

When you set up the Stitchfix account for his items, did they let you give input as to your favorite colors, themes, etc.,? And if so, did you allow him to weigh in on it? I only ask because already, at that age, my kids knew what they liked and didn't like. I don't think this automatic shipment thing would've ever worked for us. We would've been returning more than 1/2 of the stuff, I believe.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:39 pm E1C0A8D9-0931-499D-8F37-41427434161B.jpeg

This is actually my favorite Stitchfix box so far, so I’m hoping he likes it. It may be a little too cute for him, but I’ll let you all know when I pick him up from his friend’s house this afternoon.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:25 pm I don't think my 12 year old would wear any of that. It looks really young.
I think part of it is just the way it appears in the photo. I’m a little worried about the shorts, but I think he will like all of the shirts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic