ETA Stitchfix box for my 11 year old

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:20 am
Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:32 am damn, haters are going to hate.
No idea why you sharing your monthly box is such an issue. I'm always curious to see what people get.

Id like to try the book club for my grandsons, but a monthly subscription would overwhelm my daughter.
It's not the box, its her attitude. No one had negative things to say until she started going on about how she doesn't even really like the clothes, but this is saving her so much money because she usually spends hundreds on a single outfit for her five year old and now she won't have to take him to store anymore which is just so much easier on her since he runs away and plays hide and seek. But it's not his fault, it's the stores fault because stores just look too much like playgrounds. He is normally so well mannered at his exclusive tennis lessons and exclusive schools and on their regular trips to the Caribbean, which by the way is why they need beach clothes.
Other than the fact that the box saves me money, that’s complete crap. You can choose to put that spin on it, but if everyone was attacking your child and your parenting for poor behavior I’m pretty sure you would point out all of the places your child consistently behaves. And my child does behave at the grocery store, in a restaurant, on an airplane, at preschool, at tennis, at musical theater, at karate, shall I go on?
Everything I listed are things that you said, so now you're a snob and a liar.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My 9 yr old would really like this box. Do you have a referral link? I might try them out because he’s been growing out of his clothes so quick lately and I’m honestly sick of shopping, especially with 2 toddlers in tow lol.
🤓The Admin 🤓
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

These have become my favorite posts tbh. I always want to try out subscription boxes but I don’t want to waste the money on something I don’t like. If you get a monthly book club subscription show it off lol. The only one that I’ve done and kept was a wine of the month subscription. There was an ad on here for it for months and I gave it a try, I loved all the wines even the reds which I don’t normally like.
No idea why you sharing your monthly box is such an issue. I'm always curious to see what people get.

Id like to try the book club for my grandsons, but a monthly subscription would overwhelm my daughter.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 am These have become my favorite posts tbh. I always want to try out subscription boxes but I don’t want to waste the money on something I don’t like. If you get a monthly book club subscription show it off lol. The only one that I’ve done and kept was a wine of the month subscription. There was an ad on here for it for months and I gave it a try, I loved all the wines even the reds which I don’t normally like.

Now thas my kind of subscription box! Bet they don't get may returns lol.
With the stitch fix, in particular, I am afraid I would own things by default because I would be horrible getting the returns back on time.

I am seriously toying the book club idea. Maybe that's a good summertime thing.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s my only hesitation with stitch fix too, I’m not big on returning things lol
Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:55 am
12skipafew wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 am These have become my favorite posts tbh. I always want to try out subscription boxes but I don’t want to waste the money on something I don’t like. If you get a monthly book club subscription show it off lol. The only one that I’ve done and kept was a wine of the month subscription. There was an ad on here for it for months and I gave it a try, I loved all the wines even the reds which I don’t normally like.

With the stitch fix, in particular, I am afraid I would own things by default because I would be horrible getting the returns back on time.

🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:31 am
Anonymous 7 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:20 am

It's not the box, its her attitude. No one had negative things to say until she started going on about how she doesn't even really like the clothes, but this is saving her so much money because she usually spends hundreds on a single outfit for her five year old and now she won't have to take him to store anymore which is just so much easier on her since he runs away and plays hide and seek. But it's not his fault, it's the stores fault because stores just look too much like playgrounds. He is normally so well mannered at his exclusive tennis lessons and exclusive schools and on their regular trips to the Caribbean, which by the way is why they need beach clothes.
Other than the fact that the box saves me money, that’s complete crap. You can choose to put that spin on it, but if everyone was attacking your child and your parenting for poor behavior I’m pretty sure you would point out all of the places your child consistently behaves. And my child does behave at the grocery store, in a restaurant, on an airplane, at preschool, at tennis, at musical theater, at karate, shall I go on?
Everything I listed are things that you said, so now you're a snob and a liar.
My 5 year old goes to preschool. It’s just preschool - not exclusive or fancy, but it does have incredible outdoor space and a great student teacher ratio. My 11 year old does go to a very selective prep school, as do most of his friends. He’s a star tennis player and a fabulous artist that regularly has his work featured in youth art exhibitions. I’m very proud of him.

My kids play tennis and golf, where they’re subject to a dress code. We have a sailboat and belong to a yacht club only because we actually sail and need a place in the spring and summer where we can access our boat.

We all very much enjoy going on vacations as a family, so we do so several times a year. I’m sure you think we spend our time on vacation sitting around discussing how fancy we are while sipping cocktails. But really what we do are things like snorkeling with sea turtles in Curacao, climbing up to the top of Rheinfall in Switzerland, exploring Angel Island in San Francisco, visiting art museums in Italy, and exploring walled cities from the Middle Ages in France. I’m happy that I can give these experiences to my kids.

We do like good food, so I’m always going to make sure my children have khaki pants and collared shirts when we travel since many restaurants, especially in the Caribbean, think boys and men should dress appropriately for dinner. 🤷‍♀️

I am not sure why my lifestyle is so offensive to you or why my mentioning of any aspect of it comes across as bragging. It’s my life, and I can’t think of anyone that I know IRL that would take issue with me mentioning an upcoming vacation or a Stitchfix box or see it as being snobby or bragging.

Your issue is not with me or my children, it’s with yourself. Maybe you feel envious, maybe you feel judged, but it’s really about you and not me. Have a great day.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:46 am My 9 yr old would really like this box. Do you have a referral link? I might try them out because he’s been growing out of his clothes so quick lately and I’m honestly sick of shopping, especially with 2 toddlers in tow lol.
I will PM you a link. They actually send you a USPS prepaid envelope, so literally all you need to do is put the stuff in it, shove it in your mailbox, and put the flag up. Some important things:

1) They charge you a $20 styling fee, which is applied to any purchase you make. If you send it all back you are out the $20.

2) You only get a 25% discount if you keep everything. This discount incentives you to not send just one or two items back. Note that you can exchange items for size and still receive the discount.

3) You set the price points. In my experience, they often come in under the price point that I have set, but not always.

4) The more information you give them upfront, the better your box will be. Make sure to tell them what you want and don’t want.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

12skipafew wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am That’s my only hesitation with stitch fix too, I’m not big on returning things lol

I am the absolute worst. To make it interesting I rarely ever try anything on because even that is too much of a hassle.
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We might be the same person :lol:
Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm
12skipafew wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:59 am That’s my only hesitation with stitch fix too, I’m not big on returning things lol

I am the absolute worst. To make it interesting I rarely ever try anything on because even that is too much of a hassle.
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 pm

If you are ordering a Stitchfix box for yourself I highly recommend sizing down in bottoms. In my recent box I had to exchange two pairs of shorts - one I went a size down in and the other I went two sizes down in. The dress was also a bit big, but I kept it.

As I recall you are pretty athletic, so I would say the Stitchfix sizing is like Athleta sizing. Don’t try to use the size you wear at Patagonia where clothing is cut smaller.

It’s definitely also one size down from J. Crew and probably two sizes down from brands like Theory.
Locked Previous topicNext topic