Camping/fishing/hunting..

Anonymous 15

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:50 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Bubbs wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm Not my thing.
On dating sites, there are SO many pictures of men with dead fish
or in camo, like they just went hunting. I am not attracted to that either.
OMGosh, like really? That is too funny, it's like there's a little caveman in 'em left over from 500BC, when bringing a female raw dead fish, was probably a pretty good woo-ing strategy, LMAO.

But I mean, it's 2020, I could not imagine posing with a dead fish for a dating picture, like, what are they thinking??
Some women like men who can provide for themselves. People today are becoming more and more helpless when it comes to how much they have to depend on others to survive, and it seems like from this post , the men who are fully capable of providing for themselves are being shamed for the pride they feel in that.
It’s ok to man-shame but let someone say something about the way a woman lives her life and holy crap!!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:37 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:14 am

If I could show some of these pics, it happens all the time. And it’s always a no from me. (I do say no to everyone anyway though, so my opinion isn’t that accurate)
You know, if there are that many, maybe Frau is right, perhaps, there are bucket loads of women that love a man bringing - raw fish home for a fire. It still cracks me up.

I grew up rural though, and never found camo or dead game, attractive even without a dating profile pic, so obviously, I am biased.
I think you might be missing the impact of the moments that lead up to a man bringing home a raw fish to cook.

In order for that to happen, that man had to wake up early and find bait - sometimes they take the kids with them and I still cherish the memories of going out with my grandfather to find bait in the early morning- before most of the woods are awake, when it’s just you and the birds, listening to your grandfather tell you stories about his life, the right way to do things, and the stories of your culture.

Then that man has to go fishing, and teach their children how to fish, sitting in a boat with their kids on a lake, talking about everything from how to cook, to how to handle the awful parts of life with dignity. Or maybe they go with friends and talk about anything from the serious to the funny.

They they come home and cook the fish, which I must say, fresh out of the water fish is so much better tasting than anything in the store. But they they get to have those moments of being in the kitchen with their family cooking and bonding in one of the oldest ways we have.

It’s not just about the fish, Its the lifestyle.

It is the person displaying that this is the kind of lifestyle they choose to live. They’re saying much more about the way they want to spend their time and hold their relationships than what they are going to eat for dinner.
LOL!!

As I said, I grew up rural in mid-west USA. My dad is still a farmer at age 82. We eat venison. We had plenty of fish fries and/or roasted fish dinners with the catch of the day.

AND from my perspective, you are are romanticizing the picture into much more than it is.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 15 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 pm

OMGosh, like really? That is too funny, it's like there's a little caveman in 'em left over from 500BC, when bringing a female raw dead fish, was probably a pretty good woo-ing strategy, LMAO.

But I mean, it's 2020, I could not imagine posing with a dead fish for a dating picture, like, what are they thinking??
Some women like men who can provide for themselves. People today are becoming more and more helpless when it comes to how much they have to depend on others to survive, and it seems like from this post , the men who are fully capable of providing for themselves are being shamed for the pride they feel in that.
It’s ok to man-shame but let someone say something about the way a woman lives her life and holy crap!!
How is it shaming, by not being interested or attracted to someone?
Men run away from single moms, fat girls, girls who don’t like sports or a million other things I can’t think of
It’s not “shaming” it’s preference
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 15 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 pm

Well, I would laugh in an identical fashion, if a woman posed with a dead fish on their profile picture. Do not turn this into sexism.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not really something that would make me ignore good qualities in a man. While I’m not into those things I could occasionally enjoy a camping trip and some fishing. Hunting, not really, but he can always go hunting with the boys if he enjoys it . We’re not Siamese twins, we each can have our own passions and interests and still have a relationship.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

If he looked like Brad Pitt in "A River Runs Through It", I could be interested.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:34 pm

If he looked like Brad Pitt in "A River Runs Through It", I could be interested.
Lol.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:17 am I don’t need to like everything but that turns me off I can imagine him coming home smelling like fish or woods and I would think he’d like other outdoors activities kayaking boating skiing. All those hellll no things
Smarties wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 am I don't feel the need to like everything a potential partner is interested in. If I didn't like one thing, I'm sure there are other things we could do together.
Wow! You sound like a ton of fun!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:28 am My dad likes to fish. I grew up going to the beach during the summer weekends and he'd always fish. You couldn't pay me enough to go camping. I don't even want to 'glamp'. And I wouldn't date anybody who hunted if I were single.
Glamping is the best 🙂
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:52 am Yeah, I'm the same.

I'd be afraid he'd bring nasty dead animals and fish home.

Yuck.

And camping is too much like being homeless. I wouldn't enjoy that for a minute.
You should come camping with me. We’d have fun!
Locked Previous topicNext topic