Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:00 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:46 pm We have to pay. I'm procrastinating filing.
When that happens i wait until April 15 and snail mail at 11:55 pm lol
Lol April is an expensive month for us as it is. I'll probably file in March.
Usually I get something back. That's how I do my W4 or whatever it's called. But one year we owed. It was before e- filing. 11:30 pm there I was at the post office on April 15. I think that was the year my ex ignored his pay stubs from his second job. HR screwed up and took no taxes out. I wanted to kill him. We paid a lot of course.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:53 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:50 pm

When that happens i wait until April 15 and snail mail at 11:55 pm lol
Usually I get something back. That's how I do my W4 or whatever it's called. But one year we owed. It was before e- filing. 11:30 pm there I was at the post office on April 15. I think that was the year my ex ignored his pay stubs from his second job. HR screwed up and took no taxes out. I wanted to kill him. We paid a lot of course.
Thankfully overall we don't owe a ton. We owe federal $500 and the state owes us $300. But of course I have to pay way faster than the state will pay me.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Ours is set for the 26th. It means I can get some medical stuff taken care of Ive been putting off.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I just checked mine should be in their Wednesday
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Thankfully overall we don't owe a ton. We owe federal $500 and the state owes us $300. But of course I have to pay way faster than the state will pay me.
Isn't that always the way?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Sadly yes. Just once I'd love to get one of the huge refunds other people talk about. When we had ds we made $75 too much that year to qualify for the eitc. That seriously sucked. We live in California so things are expensive and we could have really used a refund.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I won't file until the last possible moment. I am not in a hurry to pay the IRS. We usually work it out so that we break even, or get no more than $100 back because I hate to loan Uncle Sam my money. This year we are going to owe, so I will delay it as long as possible.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I highly suspect we'll owe this year so I am in no rush to do our taxes.

Once they're done, they'll be mailed off with the check for the money owed (whatever it may be), and voila...another tax deadline over with.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

We haven't even gotten all the tax forms that we need in order to file.

Our goal each April is to just break even. Us not owing and us not getting a refund is good.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:29 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:02 pm

Sadly yes. Just once I'd love to get one of the huge refunds other people talk about. When we had ds we made $75 too much that year to qualify for the eitc. That seriously sucked. We live in California so things are expensive and we could have really used a refund.
75 dollars too much? That does suck.
Locked Previous topicNext topic