If you were a judge on a sexual assault case....

Anonymous 8

Unread post

If I were the judge, the sexual assault case would be a separate and she would still have to submit to the drug test, especially if she wanted keep her child at home with her.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Sounds like a screwed up mess to me.

But I would imagine that her not submitting to a drug test would have no bearing on the outcome of his sexual assault charge.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm I need to know what you're thoughts would be on this case?

Say there is a man who currently has temporary custody of his daughter, because the mom has a history of abuse, put she and her daughter in harms way, and abuses drugs. The mom has been asked by the judge several times to take a drug test, to which she has refused on 5 different occasions (never shows up to take the drug test), yet she continues to ask for her daughter to be returned to her. Then, right before their next court date ( one where she has been warned that if she does not provide a drug test, that she will lose her rights), she calls the police on her ex stating that he raped her in 2015. Now since 2015, there is proof where she and the ex husband has hooked up (consensual) and on other occassions where she has called her ex for help when one of her many boyfriends were beating on her and threatening her and their daughters life.

Given what you just read, how likely are you to believe this womans claims that her ex sexually assaulted her in 2015? Or would you think she may be trying to abuse the system in a last ditch effort to remove their daughter from his custody? And do you think this will work in her favor?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would be a horrible judge. I would not listen to any assault charge that was years old.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh boy, does this sound like a hot mess with no winners.

The two can co-exist. She can be a neglectful parent who uses drugs defies the court order and be sexually assaulted by her ex-husband.

Does it sound like she has some character issues as a result of of substance abuse problems? Yes. Is she far more likely to be taken seriously if she went into rehab and cleaned up? Yes. I have a hunch it will amount to nothing but more damage to the child and to the relationship between the parents.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would hope that as a judge I would take all evidence into consideration and make the best possible decision for the children involved. I'm no judge but I would guess all decisions would have to be based on actual evidence. Not hearsay or opinions.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't believe her. Reporting it 4-5 years later? And she is a druggie? I don't think so
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Judges are used to this type of desperate last minute ploy. He’s not going to just take her word for it.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm I need to know what you're thoughts would be on this case?

Say there is a man who currently has temporary custody of his daughter, because the mom has a history of abuse, put she and her daughter in harms way, and abuses drugs. The mom has been asked by the judge several times to take a drug test, to which she has refused on 5 different occasions (never shows up to take the drug test), yet she continues to ask for her daughter to be returned to her. Then, right before their next court date ( one where she has been warned that if she does not provide a drug test, that she will lose her rights), she calls the police on her ex stating that he raped her in 2015. Now since 2015, there is proof where she and the ex husband has hooked up (consensual) and on other occassions where she has called her ex for help when one of her many boyfriends were beating on her and threatening her and their daughters life.

Given what you just read, how likely are you to believe this womans claims that her ex sexually assaulted her in 2015? Or would you think she may be trying to abuse the system in a last ditch effort to remove their daughter from his custody? And do you think this will work in her favor?
I am of the firm belief that if you don't report a sexual assault when it happens and have a rape kit done, you don't get to wait years and then cry "rape" when it's convenient for you. There is no excuse.
Deleted User 1242

Unread post

I wouldn't believe anything the woman says. Those that abuse drugs only lie......about everything and anything.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm I would be a horrible judge. I would not listen to any assault charge that was years old.
What if it was a child that was sexually abused her whole childhood and hadn't been allowed to press charges until she was 18 and escaped? Would you still say "Nope. not listening?"
Locked Previous topicNext topic