How do you feel about aging?

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It's been hard for me. I don't care about wrinkles and grey but menopause was a bitch. Now that I'm on the other side of that mess, it's been better. I have always been a long term planner with "big ideas" and I'm realizing that I don't necessarily have the time to make those plans come to fruition. I started my own business this year and sometimes I wonder WHAT WAS I THINKING! I'm 55 and do keep fit and try to eat healthy so physically I feel good but so many of my friends are starting to develop illnesses and diseases and some have died, leaving behind a young family. That's made me a bit of a hypochondriac. I am prone to panic attacks and they usually happen in the middle of the night. I always think that I'm dying and it scares the shit out of me.

Our family is in a bit of turmoil now and I am the sole earner. We are working on ways to simplify our life and I think that will help immensely. Right now I can't die - it would emotionally and financially devastate our family. If I can get to the point that I know that the family will be okay if I die, I can then stress less about dying and concentrate more on living.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I fall a bit in the middle. I care about my physical appearance, but I have never cared for fake faces or breasts, so a little Botox in my 40’s and 50’s, with hair color is about all I will do. I will probably color my hair until I die, switching to pretty shades of grey in my 70’s.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:41 am I don't care. I'm going to be 45 in April. I have grey hair, oh well. Everyone ages so I have never understood the issue surrounding it and why people fight it so much.
I will be 44 in June. Time can be our friend if we use it properly.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:08 am I fall a bit in the middle. I care about my physical appearance, but I have never cared for fake faces or breasts, so a little Botox in my 40’s and 50’s, with hair color is about all I will do. I will probably color my hair until I die, switching to pretty shades of grey in my 70’s.
I will put off coloring my hair simply because I have every shade of blonde naturally in it. It’s like grey hair camouflage!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:28 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:21 am I fight it. Color and style my hair, try to stay fit, wear nice clothes, Spent a lot of money on perfect straight white teeth, boob job. I still feel young and hate that I am getting older (44)
I’m 45 next month, and I definitely stay fit and take care of my skin and hair. But I draw the line at plastic surgery 😂.
I have no shame lol! I'm not a lunatic like those people you see that go crazy with the plastic surgery but I'm ok with a little nip and tuck : )
Other than a few stretch marks and a c-section scar, I still look pretty good naked lol. I’m dreading the day I think to myself “I really need to wear clothes 24/7.”
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:19 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:08 am I fall a bit in the middle. I care about my physical appearance, but I have never cared for fake faces or breasts, so a little Botox in my 40’s and 50’s, with hair color is about all I will do. I will probably color my hair until I die, switching to pretty shades of grey in my 70’s.
I will put off coloring my hair simply because I have every shade of blonde naturally in it. It’s like grey hair camouflage!
That’s awesome! I started coloring my hair in my 20’s, and have never stopped and likely never will.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m mostly okay with it.

I dye my hair, I’d let I grow out but my hair is so dark that when they grey grows in I look like I’m balding and that bugs me. Plus it bothers my 10 year old so I just dye it.

I do get sad if I think about how my years on earth are gaining on me but I can’t change it so I don’t focus on it much.

My biggest issue are the aches and pains. I went from fine to not overnight and I’m not liking it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I am 46 and I have had some grey hair since I was 17!! I color my hair so that helps. I have gotten some wrinkles since I was 30 and I use some anti wrinkle items that seem to help some. I won't ever do any type of surgery or fillers on my face or body but I will continue to highlight my hair and use anti wrinkle things that aren't too expensive and I will always try to be the best version of myself as that's when I feel my best but I also take time to rest and do extreme self care when needed and I work out when I can and try to eat healthy but indulge as well..everything in moderation.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It sucks. Your body starts to betray you but there is nothing you can do. Unless something interferes with your body's functioning like eyelids drooping down interfering with vision, I would never consider plastic surgery.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:38 am What are your thoughts and feelings about getting older? Do wrinkles worry you? Health issues? Grey hair? How will you handle it when it comes? Will you embrace or fight it? Would you consider measures like plastic surgery to hold it at bay? Would you get veneers on your teeth?

I heard a quote in a movie that said I'm too old to be young and I'm too young to be old. I don't know what to think.
Everyone ages every single day, you cant stop it but you can slow it down. Wrinkles and gray hair are normal in the aging process. I have a few gray hairs but wish my hair was completely gray. Im not one to go under the knife to slow otbdown, it is what it is.
Locked Previous topicNext topic