Keep your mangy pets at home

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:27 pm Emotional Support Animals are ridiculous. Get a damn stuffed animal and carry that around with you if you are so damn fragile you can't leave your house alone. More insanity
I'll tell that to my friend whose son who has autism is now verbal outside the home, can recover from a meltdown in a fraction of the time, and has made friends thanks to his emotional support dog. Or my sister, who credits a good part of her emotional recovery after being raped and almost murdered when she was 15 to the help of an emotional support dog. By the way, emotional support dogs don't have the same rights and can not be brought into stores.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:40 am My dog is a monster. I can't carry him. I would never take him to a store besides a feed store or the lumber yard. I see no need for people to bring their dogs inside all the stores that they do. I wish that there was a good way of stopping it all and making it so only real service dogs were allowed in.
Awww! You take him through the lumber yard! I bet he is happy trotting around sniffing all of those former trees!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Any animal that is needed for "support" should have to be licensed and should have to pass some sort of behavioral test. Until there's a uniform policy across the country, people will continue to bring their pet dogs, cats, birds, and alligators to whatever store they wish to.
LOL - can you imagine ...
"This is my emotional support gator, Ralphie"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 am
iamanon wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:27 pm Emotional Support Animals are ridiculous. Get a damn stuffed animal and carry that around with you if you are so damn fragile you can't leave your house alone. More insanity
I'll tell that to my friend whose son who has autism is now verbal outside the home, can recover from a meltdown in a fraction of the time, and has made friends thanks to his emotional support dog. Or my sister, who credits a good part of her emotional recovery after being raped and almost murdered when she was 15 to the help of an emotional support dog. By the way, emotional support dogs don't have the same rights and can not be brought into stores.
lordy
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:33 pm I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Any animal that is needed for "support" should have to be licensed and should have to pass some sort of behavioral test. Until there's a uniform policy across the country, people will continue to bring their pet dogs, cats, birds, and alligators to whatever store they wish to.
ESAs are not allowed in any store that pets are prohibited. Under federal laws, they aren’t service animals and they aren’t treated as such. They must be allowed in rentals and in airplanes. I don’t know why ESAs would require a behavioral test for that. Long story short ESAs≠Service Animals
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I want to be able to bring my emotional support snake, that i keep wrapped around my neck to make me feel safe and protected, into everywhere I go. stores,doctoroffices,airport,schoolfunctions,familyreunions,townhallmeetings.
I don't care what problem anyone has with that. My lack of emotional control trumps everyone else's fears and prejudices. r we cool with thatt
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Of course they do......
Attachments
a75da8d93ba6291985ba77ee84fb6de3.gif
a75da8d93ba6291985ba77ee84fb6de3.gif (74.39 KiB) Viewed 245 times
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I'm pretty sure that many people do see the value of an emotional support animal. I do. What many people do not agree with, though, is...emotional support animals being granted access to places of businesses...when they shouldn't be given access and truthfully have no right to that access.

The problem is...Many business owners don't know what animals they MUST permit and what animals they have the right to turn away. And then the other problem is...There are people who know darn right well that they don't have the right to bring in their animal and they do it anyway.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

IKR?!! "And he's a friendly gator." :lol:
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:55 am

LOL - can you imagine ...
"This is my emotional support gator, Ralphie"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I definitely agree that ESAs ≠ Service Animals.

I also understand that ESAs are SUPPOSED TO BE prohibited where pets are prohibited. But that's not what's happening.

All I'm saying is that in order for an ESA to be permitted access, it should have to go through whatever licensing and approval that a service animal does.

Out of ignorance I ask:
1. Do service dogs get a license that identifies it as such?
2. Are service dogs required to undergo any sort of training (so that they know how to "behave" in places of business)?

mater-three wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:30 am

ESAs are not allowed in any store that pets are prohibited. Under federal laws, they aren’t service animals and they aren’t treated as such. They must be allowed in rentals and in airplanes. I don’t know why ESAs would require a behavioral test for that. Long story short ESAs≠Service Animals
Locked Previous topicNext topic