Keep your mangy pets at home

Deleted User 670

Unread post

We stopped at a Staples one evening back in August to look for a desk chair for the kid when she went back to college in the Fall. There was a woman who had her GSD on a leash walking through the store. The dog was so obviously stressed, it would not stop panting. I really felt sorry for the poor dog.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:43 am My dog would hate that. He does not like kennels, cages, doggy carriers.
Yeah, my cat would think I was torturing her.
My dog would act a complete fool.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As long as the dog is well behaved I don't care one way or the other. It's the small percentage of bad pet owners who give the rest of them a bad rap. We have a customer who brings her dog with her (I think it's a rottweiler - those skinny big ones often used as guard dogs). It is the worst behaved dog I have ever seen and tries to attack me everytime it sees me. She says it's trying to play but the barking, growling and knocking me over kind of tells me something different. It came to the point that service would schedule the customer first thing in the morning or last thing in the day and I'd work from home for the morning or afternoon of the day of her appointment because the dog would not leave me alone and spent the entire appointment trying to get into my office.

I welcome all our other client dogs into my office if they want to visit. I give them treats and cuddles but that one has a serious behaviour issue and shouldn't be allowed out in public.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

My dog doesn't have dander. I; however, work in food service and know the difficulty of people bringing little foo foo in because they cant possibly be left alone.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:10 pm my thought is you're trying to sell those backpacks
No, I saw them on a show yesterday morming.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:33 pm We stopped at a Staples one evening back in August to look for a desk chair for the kid when she went back to college in the Fall. There was a woman who had her GSD on a leash walking through the store. The dog was so obviously stressed, it would not stop panting. I really felt sorry for the poor dog.
In a Staples? I'm surprised. The dogs I feel sorry for are the ones brought to crowded festivals. The owners never seem to have water and Idk the dog must not enjoy it. I figure all the tall people around it's amazing dogs and little kids don't freak out more than they do.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:05 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:33 pm We stopped at a Staples one evening back in August to look for a desk chair for the kid when she went back to college in the Fall. There was a woman who had her GSD on a leash walking through the store. The dog was so obviously stressed, it would not stop panting. I really felt sorry for the poor dog.
In a Staples? I'm surprised. The dogs I feel sorry for are the ones brought to crowded festivals. The owners never seem to have water and Idk the dog must not enjoy it. I figure all the tall people around it's amazing dogs and little kids don't freak out more than they do.
It was close to closing so it wasn't crowded at all. This particular Staples is next to a Petsmart, though.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If people would leave their pets at home where they belong then the backpacks wouldn't be a necessity. The only store we ever took our dog to was PetSmart. Otherwise when we took her places it was the dog park, or the river, or the hiking trail, or something else like that. And always on a leash.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:38 pm If people would leave their pets at home where they belong then the backpacks wouldn't be a necessity. The only store we ever took our dog to was PetSmart. Otherwise when we took her places it was the dog park, or the river, or the hiking trail, or something else like that. And always on a leash.
When you take your dog to the dog park you keep them on a leash? Here they want you to take the dog off the leash when you enter.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:49 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:38 pm If people would leave their pets at home where they belong then the backpacks wouldn't be a necessity. The only store we ever took our dog to was PetSmart. Otherwise when we took her places it was the dog park, or the river, or the hiking trail, or something else like that. And always on a leash.
When you take your dog to the dog park you keep them on a leash? Here they want you to take the dog off the leash when you enter.
No, not once we entered. She was off leash once we entered. I was more talking about the other outdoor areas that we would take her. She was always on leash so we always had control of her.

Funny thing about dog parks though - she was a Golden Retriever and loved people. At the dog park, she cared very little about the other dogs. She would go up to other people and gently nose their hand. They would always say "Sorry sweetie I don't have any treats". But she wasn't looking for treats. She just wanted to be petted. We would tell people "You have a hand? You have what she's looking for." lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic