Big Rant! (SIL Drama)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The other day my SIL posted something on Facebook that we should all be wearing masks. It's not required here. I explained to her that my child is scared to death of them and cries so hard he can't make any noise when we use them. I'm not going to subject him to that if I can avoid it. Since my husband works late hours its often my son and I that do the shopping for the family once every couple of weeks.

She told me that my son's mental health didn't matter and that I need to wear a face mask every time I got out. I don't use a mask but I take other precautions. I don't touch anything I don't plan to purchase, and I sanitize the cart before I put him in it, and when I put it back. I make sure I stay at least 6 feet away from other people at all times. I do my best to make sure everyone is safe and if we have something we don't pass it on to others. She basically told me to deal with it and wear the mask because my son would "Get over it". I was so mad. I snapped at her. I told her she needed to grow up and realize that not everyone is going to do what she thinks we need to do.

I believe physical health is important but so is mental health. I'm trying to get him used to the masks by playing around with some that I made and having fun but he wants nothing to do with them at all. He won't touch them. He's almost 3 years old and he just doesn't understand. I told her that if that's how she felt that I needed to decide if she's someone I want around my son at all. She got mad and started cussing at me. She has since removed the post so nobody else can comment on it.

I believe there is a way to keep others safe while not scaring my child half to death. She doesn't agree with me but whatever. We don't leave the house often and I take precautions to keep us and others safe.

That's it. More drama. Rant over.

~hops off soapbox~ I feel better. :)
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

you gotta do you.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There was no need to even engage her on a Facebook post. You do what you need to for your family and it's nothing that affects her.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

What are you gonna do if it becomes mandatory?
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

You brought on the drama when you engaged her initially. You don't have to explain in any detail or at all why you make the choices you do for you and your family. It's hard to believe you went into such detail about all the other ways you remain safe.
Are children expected to wear masks?
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This really isn't SIL drama.
It doesn't say she tagged you it says she made a post and you willingly joined the conversation.
For some reason, you wanted to get a word in and you caused some drama for yourself.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:10 am This really isn't SIL drama.
It doesn't say she tagged you it says she made a post and you willingly joined the conversation.
For some reason, you wanted to get a word in and you caused some drama for yourself.
Yep, all of this. You created the drama here, sorry.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All I heard is blah, blah, blah.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:32 am The other day my SIL posted something on Facebook that we should all be wearing masks. It's not required here. I explained to her that my child is scared to death of them and cries so hard he can't make any noise when we use them. I'm not going to subject him to that if I can avoid it. Since my husband works late hours its often my son and I that do the shopping for the family once every couple of weeks.

She told me that my son's mental health didn't matter and that I need to wear a face mask every time I got out. I don't use a mask but I take other precautions. I don't touch anything I don't plan to purchase, and I sanitize the cart before I put him in it, and when I put it back. I make sure I stay at least 6 feet away from other people at all times. I do my best to make sure everyone is safe and if we have something we don't pass it on to others. She basically told me to deal with it and wear the mask because my son would "Get over it". I was so mad. I snapped at her. I told her she needed to grow up and realize that not everyone is going to do what she thinks we need to do.

I believe physical health is important but so is mental health. I'm trying to get him used to the masks by playing around with some that I made and having fun but he wants nothing to do with them at all. He won't touch them. He's almost 3 years old and he just doesn't understand. I told her that if that's how she felt that I needed to decide if she's someone I want around my son at all. She got mad and started cussing at me. She has since removed the post so nobody else can comment on it.

I believe there is a way to keep others safe while not scaring my child half to death. She doesn't agree with me but whatever. We don't leave the house often and I take precautions to keep us and others safe.

That's it. More drama. Rant over.

~hops off soapbox~ I feel better. :)
Well, you brought this drama on yourself. You're the pot stirrer.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You brought on the drama. She posted her opinion and you made a huge deal about it being wrong.
Locked Previous topicNext topic