What would you have done?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:08 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 am
We work hard to keep our trash down. The environment is important.
Right? I didn't see how that meant I needed therapy lol
I think she meant you digging through the garbage to see who it belonged to. That's a little nuts.
Maybe, but I've had people dump their recycling bin on my lawn when they didn't get it picked up, so they can keep their trash. I'm not the neighborhood garbage dump.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:34 am I'm don't think I would have done anything.

I'm seriously impressed, that your family only made a half of bag trash a week.
It's actually two weeks worth of garbage, but the reason I did that is because someone has dumped their recycling bins on my lawn after they didn't get picked up and I'm tired of people just thinking it's ok to do that. They were out at the same time I was putting stuff out, they could have asked then, but instead they waited until I wasn't out there anymore to put it there.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am Nothing. Literally nothing.

I wouldn’t have thought anything beyond noticing it, thinking weird while shrugging my shoulders and moving on. I can’t believe you went through, sorry but gloves or not, that’s simply over the top nasty.
Maybe, but I've had people dump their recycling bins on our lawn before when it hasn't gotten picked up. My lawn isn't the neighborhood dump. They could have bought tags, brought it to the dump, ASKED... They had options. We were out at the same time putting things at the curb, they could have and should have asked then.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You're only allowed two bags of trash a week? What size are these bags?
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would have never went through the bag. If it happened just this once I would just complain to my husband what asshole neighbor but their bag there. That's all. If it kept happening then yes I would say something. Your yard is not a public dump.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am You're only allowed two bags of trash a week? What size are these bags?
Every other week, that works out to one bag a week. As long as they're not over 40lbs they can be regular size or contractor.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nothing. I'm not very confrontational.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I actually knew who it belonged to, I'd also move it to their own pile. Don't put stuff in my yard without asking me. I doubt I'd say anything to them though.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My mother does this! Except she made arrangements prior with several of the neighbors. Distributes a portion of her trash into each of their bins and doesn't pay for her own trash service at all. I'd be mortified to ask myself! Especially since she's not hurting financially.

In your case I wouldn't say anything unless it keeps happening or creates a mess. But maybe part of that is my perspective living in a city neighborhood - so much trash gets tossed on the sidewalk or in my landscaping that I'm more than happy if they put it in my trash bin instead.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am You're only allowed two bags of trash a week? What size are these bags?
We usually only have one or two bags of trash every other week. Between the blue bins and the green bin there is not much garbage.
Locked Previous topicNext topic