What would you have done?

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing. Literally nothing.

I wouldn’t have thought anything beyond noticing it, thinking weird while shrugging my shoulders and moving on. I can’t believe you went through, sorry but gloves or not, that’s simply over the top nasty.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am I think it's pretty insane to worry about a bag of garbage at the and of your driveway, especially when you're not getting charged to have it picked up. You're allowed 2 bags. I don't understand why you "work really hard" to keep to a half a bag of trash. That sounds like something that needs to be addressed. The fact that you went through the garbage to see who's it was? Seriously? I'd start therapy. Honestly.
We work hard to keep our trash down. The environment is important.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't have cared. We are only allowed 1 bulk pickup a month here so at times myself and my neighbors have added to each other's piles rather than wasting our 1 pickup for one big item. If I didn't have 2 bags I wouldn't have cared.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am They shouldn't be doing that unless they asked you. Not acceptable and certainly should not become a habit. We no longer have bags and must put garbage in one container and recyclables in another container provided by the city. Most Annoying is that people keep tossing their dog's poop into the recycle container and everyone is now getting letters reminding us not to do it or our recycle container will not be empty. It's pissing me off since I have no control over random strangers who are too lazy to take their own dog shit back to their house or apartment to dispose of it not to mention they cannot read apparently since they put it in the recycle container.
We have a lock on our recycling to make sure no one does that. I unlock it right before the recycling truck comes.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I've got nothing.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 am I think it's pretty insane to worry about a bag of garbage at the and of your driveway, especially when you're not getting charged to have it picked up. You're allowed 2 bags. I don't understand why you "work really hard" to keep to a half a bag of trash. That sounds like something that needs to be addressed. The fact that you went through the garbage to see who's it was? Seriously? I'd start therapy. Honestly.
I just don't appreciate people dumping stuff at my house. Why is it so hard for them to come over and be like, "hey, we have some extra trash, can we put it here?" Why not just being it to the dump themselves? Why not toss it in a bush? Why not leave it beside a garbage can at a store? Why is it ok for them to leave stuff on my property? People have let trash on my property before, I don't know if it was them because whoever it was just dumped their recycling on my lawn, but it's not ok.
I didn't realize reducing consumption of wasteful products meant I needed help lol
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't have done anything. I doubt I would even give it a second thought.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 am
Right? I didn't see how that meant I needed therapy lol
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:48 am
Right? I didn't see how that meant I needed therapy lol
I think she meant you digging through the garbage to see who it belonged to. That's a little nuts.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:47 am Nothing. Literally nothing.

I wouldn’t have thought anything beyond noticing it, thinking weird while shrugging my shoulders and moving on. I can’t believe you went through, sorry but gloves or not, that’s simply over the top nasty.
Oh well, I guess I'm nasty. Good thing you don't actually know me. I don't want other people's garbage. They can buy tags if they want rid of it. When I have more than two bags I don't dump it on my neighbors, I wait until the next pick up or if I really needed it gone I'd buy tags or ASK my neighbors.
Locked Previous topicNext topic