What would you have done?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Today is garbage day in our neighborhood (garbage is picked up every other week, if that matters, probably not lol). We can put out two bags. I work really hard to keep our waste to a minimum, so we only had about a half bag of garbage this time.

When it was time to walk to school I noticed we had an extra bag of garbage sitting at the end of our driveway. I went and got a pair of the disposable gloves I have sitting around from my last job (sounds gross, but it's really cold here so I wasn't worried about smells or stuff getting on me because it's all frozen). Turns out it was my neighbors across the road. I put it back at the end of their driveway with their garbage.
Now, I would have said something this morning, but they weren't home.
I'm not close to these neighbors, we might say hi in passing, occasionally our kids will play together, but not really.. if they had asked, I'd have been fine with it, but don't dump your garbage at my house and just assume it's ok. That's what doesn't sit right with me. I feel if I don't address it, it could potentially snowball into them thinking leaving other stuff is ok.. maybe I'm just a bitch, I don't know.

What would you have done?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If it bothered me, I would have left it on my driveway since it isn't costing me anything and then had a conversation about it when they get home, saying that I understand that we didn't have a second bag that day, but please don't do that again.
But to me honest, since it isn't hurting me at all or costing me anything, I wouldn't really care.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn’t know there were places that still picked up trash bags. We have a trash bin and a recycle bin, both are picked up weekly. The only time they pick up things not in the bins are the quarterly bulk trash days.

If they have never done it before, I wouldn’t have been bothered by it if I only had 1 bag, but if it became a common occurrence then I’d speak with them. I get wanting to nip it in the bud but if they have been your neighbor for a while and never done it before, I wouldn’t assume this was going to become a normal occurrence.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I probably wouldn't have said anything the first time however my SO would've done exactly what you did.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wont have done anything. I certainly wont have gone digging around to find out who it was. I have more things to do.
CrazyJenn
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't have done anything, unless I had 2 bags out.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm don't think I would have done anything.

I'm seriously impressed, that your family only made a half of bag trash a week.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it's pretty insane to worry about a bag of garbage at the and of your driveway, especially when you're not getting charged to have it picked up. You're allowed 2 bags. I don't understand why you "work really hard" to keep to a half a bag of trash. That sounds like something that needs to be addressed. The fact that you went through the garbage to see who's it was? Seriously? I'd start therapy. Honestly.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

They shouldn't be doing that unless they asked you. Not acceptable and certainly should not become a habit. We no longer have bags and must put garbage in one container and recyclables in another container provided by the city. Most Annoying is that people keep tossing their dog's poop into the recycle container and everyone is now getting letters reminding us not to do it or our recycle container will not be empty. It's pissing me off since I have no control over random strangers who are too lazy to take their own dog shit back to their house or apartment to dispose of it not to mention they cannot read apparently since they put it in the recycle container.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nothing. Literally nothing.

I wouldn’t have thought anything beyond noticing it, thinking weird while shrugging my shoulders and moving on. I can’t believe you went through, sorry but gloves or not, that’s simply over the top nasty.
Locked Previous topicNext topic