SIL showed up at DD's bday party when she knew she wasn't allowed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My daughter had her fourth family birthday party last night. My SIL showed up and made a scene. DH and I do not allow her around our kids. She has dissociative Identity disorder formally known as multiple personality disorder.

Sometimes she is perfectly fine but she can act completely different and erratically. One of her alters is an unruly teenager (her words) and will yell, scream, and cuss. One of her alters is male and also says obsene things.

She scares our kids. We did explain to her that we don't want her around the kids. It didn't go well but we were honest with her.

She has told us that she has been trying so hard to be better but the reality is that it doesn't matter how much she tries, she has a mental disorder and she doesn't have full control. It is too much of a risk for us.

She showed up at the house and freaked out when DH told her to leave. It was almost to the point that we were considering calling the cops before BIL showed up and dragged her out himself. This is just further proof to us of how she is not safe for our kids to be around.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Maybe she should learn not to be dramatic and lie for attention then.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

perhaps a protection order?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, for you your priority is your kids’ safety. So do what you have to do.
But I feel bad for her. She has a mental disorder and she’s being alienated for it and have no support system whatsoever. It must be terrible for her.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, if this is even true, you suck. There are ways to ensure the kids Safety without alienating a family member for their medical condition.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This post was already done. Did shw do this again?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:37 pm Well, for you your priority is your kids’ safety. So do what you have to do.
But I feel bad for her. She has a mental disorder and she’s being alienated for it and have no support system whatsoever. It must be terrible for her.
I feel bad for her too but there is only so much I can do to keep my kids safe. It isn't something she or anyone else can predict it control. We have never really even been able to get to know her.

She does have a good support system from her family and all of the health care providers she works with.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:44 pm This post was already done. Did shw do this again?
I've posted about her before and not allowing her around my kids. She never showed up like this before though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:40 pm Yeah, if this is even true, you suck. There are ways to ensure the kids Safety without alienating a family member for their medical condition.
How can I ensure that my kids won't hear her yell, scream, and say disgusting things?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And it’s because of views like this that mental health care is so deficient. Because ignorant people still think it’s an “act” and something people need to just get over with.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 pm Maybe she should learn not to be dramatic and lie for attention then.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic