Vegans in the office

Anonymous 6

Unread post

People like E are the ones who give vegans a bad rep.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Is E the perfume lady from cafemom ?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Emmasmom wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:57 am
highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 am I have only every heard of vegan like this never met one in real life. We have a vegan at our work and she honestly does not care. My best friends sister is a vegan and she as well does not care what anyone else does either.
My MIL is this vegan. For holidays it was all vegan and no one was allowed to bring anything. So when the next holiday came around, everyone said they weren't coming to her house. She bitched and complained but no one caved
I wouldn't have gone either. Unless she had rice, eggplant parm without the cheese, pasta, or hummus ds wouldn't be eating. He'll eat vegetables knowingly but they have to be pretty well hidden in a dish. Texture problems. I used to make fake meat tacos and he'd eat that but wasn't happy. And my mother who doesn't even have that excuse wouldn't go either. My brother is vegetarian but doesn't care if we bring food. We do.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

There are a few food odors that gross me out a little, but if the smell bothered me that much, I'd just find another place to eat lunch.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol, she can’t demand people stop eating meat because it bothers HER. Tough for her, it’s her problem to deal with. What she could do if she doesn’t want to heat her impossible burger after someone heated his fajitas is get her own microwave and ask others not to use it for meat products or not to use it all. Like the Keurig in that post.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She should accept that the best way for all of you to be able to enjoy the holidays together is if someone else hosts and she brings in her own vegan dishes.
We’re all entitled to our own food choices, we’re not entitled to force them on others. As I said in the Keurig post, we keep kosher. My parents and my in laws don’t. So, for example, for the weekly lunch at my parents’ house, I pack our lunch. I bought my mom a small microwave she only brings out for us to heat up our food on Sundays or if we are in a hurry, we get some takeout from a kosher restaurant. She sets disposable dishes for us and we all eat together. My mil has is for breakfast once a month, she buys kosher bagels, cream cheese, salmon and so,etc,se asks me if I want to bring something like an egg casserole or another dish for everyone.
And, of course, when I host at home, I cook everything and my sil’s usually offer to buy a dessert from a kosher bakery. Easy does it, everyone is happy, everyone is respected and ultimately the point is to spend together, not to shove our individual ideas down everyone else’s throats.
highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 am I have only every heard of vegan like this never met one in real life. We have a vegan at our work and she honestly does not care. My best friends sister is a vegan and she as well does not care what anyone else does either.
My MIL is this vegan. For holidays it was all vegan and no one was allowed to bring anything. So when the next holiday came around, everyone said they weren't coming to her house. She bitched and complained but no one caved
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Momto1son wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:46 am The Keurig and the microwave post got me thinking. we have 2 strict vegans in the office along with a few vegetarians.

My question is who the meat eaters be mindful when bringing lunch? The one vegan we will call her S says she doesn't care what people eat or warm up. For office parties she is always given a budget for vegan friendly stuff. When we donoyr summer cook out she brings her own portable grill.

Now the other vegan we will call her E is the opposite. Whenever anyone brings meat in she yells and asks them not to. She complains about the smell. Even if soneone mentions meat she goes on a rant.

Well yesterday someone warmed up pulled pork. Shr came back to the lunch area on a rampage about how she feels violated and no one cares about her. She went to the office manager and was basically told thet her rights don't out weigh others.

S tells E all the time to get over it.

E wants a meat free environment. Now I don't think that will ever happen.
E just needs to get over herself. Because she chooses to not eat meat does not mean she can force others to do the same.
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 pm She should accept that the best way for all of you to be able to enjoy the holidays together is if someone else hosts and she brings in her own vegan dishes.
We’re all entitled to our own food choices, we’re not entitled to force them on others. As I said in the Keurig post, we keep kosher. My parents and my in laws don’t. So, for example, for the weekly lunch at my parents’ house, I pack our lunch. I bought my mom a small microwave she only brings out for us to heat up our food on Sundays or if we are in a hurry, we get some takeout from a kosher restaurant. She sets disposable dishes for us and we all eat together. My mil has is for breakfast once a month, she buys kosher bagels, cream cheese, salmon and so,etc,se asks me if I want to bring something like an egg casserole or another dish for everyone.
And, of course, when I host at home, I cook everything and my sil’s usually offer to buy a dessert from a kosher bakery. Easy does it, everyone is happy, everyone is respected and ultimately the point is to spend together, not to shove our individual ideas down everyone else’s throats.
We just had a family dinner at our house because my husband's cius in n came up from out of state. I made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a salad. My MIL complained because I cooked the casserole in the same oven I cooked the ham (I only have one oven) and there wasnt enough options for her to eat. She ate the salad and that's all.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Next time get her an impossible burger from Burger King and just go “we did think of you!!!” Enjoy!!! 😂
Emmasmom wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:10 pm She should accept that the best way for all of you to be able to enjoy the holidays together is if someone else hosts and she brings in her own vegan dishes.

We just had a family dinner at our house because my husband's cius in n came up from out of state. I made a ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and a salad. My MIL complained because I cooked the casserole in the same oven I cooked the ham (I only have one oven) and there wasnt enough options for her to eat. She ate the salad and that's all.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Emmasmom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:07 pm Next time get her an impossible burger from Burger King and just go “we did think of you!!!” Enjoy!!! 😂
Emmasmom wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:49 pm

My husband said he was going to buy her a fern plant to eat lol
Locked Previous topicNext topic