I'm about to go off on my kids principal

Deleted User 172

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:46 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm I agree, their time demands are ridiculous, no previous communication? I would verify, they were referring to your child.
I've done this for years with both my kids and never once was I demanded to come to a mandatory meeting with less than 24 notice.
I would have scheduled a morning off next week or even later this week to come in. But their demand was tomorrow morning.
You know, that seems like really poor planning on their part. Perhaps they have weak executive function and should be screened for ADHD? *giggles*

Whatcha going to do?
Hahaha. Yes. I might mention that tomorrow.
Other than that complain to y'all til im not so angry anymore.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:30 pm That bitch has never spoken to me once. Instead they're demanding that he be seen to get him diagnosed with ADHD.
Today the assistant principal called to demand i come in for a meeting tomorrow morning.
I told him no, i can't just drop everything and show up. I have a job and my son doesn't have ADHD.
He told me its mandatory.
I told him its unprofessional to demand a mandatory meeting with less than 24 hours notice.

Ugh. I'm so irritated with this shit. He's been doing great at school.
Generally it's a GOOD thing if you're not contacted once by the principal. If they are asking you to get him evaluated for ADHD it does NOT mean he is having behavior or academic problems in school but rather that the teacher has noticed it is difficult to get him to stay on task. The class can't really move forward as a class if the teacher is having to stop class to get your kid back on topic (This can be an unintended disruption for the class) . With an ADHD diagnosis it allows the school to say assign a teacher's assistant to your child to help keep him focused and on task. It doesn't mean your kid has behavior issues or academic issues. Now I agree the 24 hour notice is a little bothersome but at the same time they'll want to get it resolved as quickly as possible to make sure that IF your kid has ADHD he gets the allowed assistance per state guidelines enacted as quickly as possible for his best interest.
Now chill the f**k out, call back, and say I'm sorry but that time doesn't work for me and give them a list of your available times to work with rather than flying off the F***ing handle like a lunatic because "how dare they do their jobs and try to diagnose your son without your permission". (For the record the school can't diagnose your son they can only recommend that he be examined and present you with evidence of why they think he would benefit from an examination, which is what that whole F***ing meeting is about).
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
I've done this several times this year. My kid is a rambunctious child. He gets into trouble but has been doing great lately.
He's been assessed by their own licensed therapist and his ped and no ADHD.
I'd be glad to go in and sit down if they had given me more notice. I even told them I can come in sometime next week. But no, demanded I come in tomorrow for a mandatory meeting.
Oh, I see now. "My kid is a rambunctious child" that's code for I don't F***ing bother to parent and as a result he doesn't do well with structure and acts out at school.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't be going tomorrow morning unless it fit my schedule, if the principal did not express some kind of emergency situation that occurred today. I hope you told them no if its not convenient for you.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
I've done this several times this year. My kid is a rambunctious child. He gets into trouble but has been doing great lately.
I'd be glad to go in and sit down if they had given me more notice. I even told them I can come in sometime next week. But no, demanded I come in tomorrow for a mandatory meeting.
Oh, I see now. "My kid is a rambunctious child" that's code for I don't F***ing bother to parent and as a result he doesn't do well with structure and acts out at school.
Hahahahahah.
You really have a F***ing screw loose.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Every time you post it makes me glad that I don't have your life. It is a total mess.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:02 pm I wouldn't be going tomorrow morning unless it fit my schedule, if the principal did not express some kind of emergency situation that occurred today. I hope you told them no if its not convenient for you.
I did. I told them I can come in later this week or next week. They said no, mandatory tomorrow.

I ended up scheduling a phone meeting.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:03 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Hahahahahah.
You really have a F***ing screw loose.
I'm not the one pissing and moaning because the school wants my child tested for ADHD because he doesn't know when the f**k to sit down and shut up and keeps disrupting class.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:04 pm Every time you post it makes me glad that I don't have your life. It is a total mess.
Why thank you anon asshole!
I'm so F***ing glad I'm not you either.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you had him tested to see if the work is too easy for him? Sometimes kids act up out of boredom when the work is too easy. Also losing pencils and getting a bad mark for that wouldn't fly with me. Kids his age aren't exactly the most responsible.
Locked Previous topicNext topic