I'm about to go off on my kids principal

Deleted User 172

Unread post

That bitch has never spoken to me once. Instead they're demanding that he be seen to get him diagnosed with ADHD.
Today the assistant principal called to demand i come in for a meeting tomorrow morning.
I told him no, i can't just drop everything and show up. I have a job and my son doesn't have ADHD.
He told me its mandatory.
I told him its unprofessional to demand a mandatory meeting with less than 24 hours notice.

Ugh. I'm so irritated with this shit. He's been doing great at school.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How odd.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Could she have called the wrong parent?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree, their time demands are ridiculous, no previous communication? I would verify, they were referring to your child.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
I've done this several times this year. My kid is a rambunctious child. He gets into trouble but has been doing great lately.
He's been assessed by their own licensed therapist and his ped and no ADHD.
I'd be glad to go in and sit down if they had given me more notice. I even told them I can come in sometime next week. But no, demanded I come in tomorrow for a mandatory meeting.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm I agree, their time demands are ridiculous, no previous communication? I would verify, they were referring to your child.
I've done this for years with both my kids and never once was I demanded to come to a mandatory meeting with less than 24 notice.
I would have scheduled a morning off next week or even later this week to come in. But their demand was tomorrow morning.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm So the school is having problems with your kid & has demanded that you come for a meeting & you are pissed because you dont feel a meeting about your kid is a reason to emergency change your day tomorrow?
I've done this several times this year. My kid is a rambunctious child. He gets into trouble but has been doing great lately.
I'd be glad to go in and sit down if they had given me more notice. I even told them I can come in sometime next week. But no, demanded I come in tomorrow for a mandatory meeting.
Did they indicate that something happened today to cause urgent concern?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:43 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm I agree, their time demands are ridiculous, no previous communication? I would verify, they were referring to your child.
I've done this for years with both my kids and never once was I demanded to come to a mandatory meeting with less than 24 notice.
I would have scheduled a morning off next week or even later this week to come in. But their demand was tomorrow morning.
You know, that seems like really poor planning on their part. Perhaps they have weak executive function and should be screened for ADHD? *giggles*

Whatcha going to do?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:44 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:41 pm
Did they indicate that something happened today to cause urgent concern?
No. I even went over today's behavior (class dojo app) on the phone with the AP and he had points taken off for "lost pencils from pencil pouch" and acting up in PE class. (He's 6, so some active behavior is expected)

Idk where this came about so randomly. Last week he got great behavior points.
Locked Previous topicNext topic