Fibromyalgia

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Has anyone been diagnosed? Do you have a lot of joint pain and stiffness with it? If so what joints are affected?
What medication do you take?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And did your bloodwork show inflammation?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Fibromyalgia usually involves the muscles and 'trigger points' which are knots of pain in the muscle. Not joints so much. Have you been to a rheumatologist to be evaluated for an autoimmune disorder? RA and Lupus, for instance, involve joint pain. Have you heard about the guaifenesin protocol for fibro? It really does help with muscle pain. Joint pain, not so much.

Fibromyalgia is typically a symptom of another underlying problem like untreated hypothyroidism. I've been reading up lately on high dose thiamine therapy. I have very run down adrenals. It's so bad that I take cortisone to help supply what my adrenals cannot. Lately, I've been experiencing pain in the legs and feet and fatigue that extra cortisone doesn't help. I also have bad sciatica from spinal stenosis so I started taking benfotiamine which is a form of thiamin that is supposed to help nerve pain. It does help, btw. I then discovered that high doses of thiamine hcl (600mg to 1500mg or higher) is being used for muscle pain, nerve pain, and fatigue. And that fibro patients have found an improvement in pain and fatigue when taking thiamin HCl in large doses. I'm about 5 days into taking thiamine. I'm seeing improvement in the pain in my legs and back and maybe a tiny bit in fatigue. I started taking thiamine mononitrate until this weekend when I picked up some thiamin HCl because I discovered that it was the HCL form that was used in studies. But the thiamin HCL are horse pill tablets and I'm not able to get as much down as I was with the other form which was capsules. I'm thinking of trying to take both. There aren't a lot of thiamin hcl supplements in capsules in 500mg form so the plan is to buy it in powder once I go through the 120 capsule bottle of the bottle from Nutricology and both bottles of Solgar's 500mg 100 tablets. So it'll be a while. I've been taking around 1500-200mg.

Aso look up 'guaifenesin protocol for fibromyalgia' and give it a try. You can find generic extended-release guai in Walmart without having to fork over all that money for Mucinex's stuff. And you can find the generic ER form online too. You wanna take enough guai so that when you pee it feels hot. That's the phosphorus leaving your body. And drink lots and lots of water too while on guai therapy. Back in the 90's before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I was diagnosed with fibro. I ran across Dr. St. Armand's paper on guaifenesin and fibromyalgia and gave it a try. I also got on elavil to help me obtain deep restorative sleep. If you're not getting deep restorative sleep, you're gonna develop fibro. There was a university study that involved sleep deprivation of healthy college students and within a short time, they developed fibro like pain. Anyway. Within about 6 months of being on the guai and taking elavil at night I was pretty much pain free.

Your joint pain may resolve along with the muscle pain with the guaifenesin protocol. If it doesn't, another thing you can investigate is pregnenolone. It's considered the 'mother hormone' which all the other hormones (dhea, adrenal hormones, etc.) come from. It was used back in the 40s for arthritic joint pain. If you're post-menopausal, topical bioidentical estriol and progesterone might help too. Amazon has a product by a company called Bio-matrix called Pro-Adapt and Est-Adapt which are liquid estriol and progesterone drops. Estriol is the safest of the three estrogens.

And then there is Antler Velvet. Antler velvet (or powdered antlers) is chock full of joint healing things like minerals, glucosamine and growth factors. Be sure to buy antler velvet sourced from New Zeland, not the US or Canada though.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:02 pm And did your bloodwork show inflammation?
No there was no bloodwork done.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Thanks for the information and advice.
I saw the rheumatologist today. He did the whole pressure point thing and said he felt I had fibromyalgia. I do have a lot of muscle pain but I went because of my ongoing joint pain. Doctors have mentioned fibromyalgia being possible but I was a little surprised when he brought it up when I was there for joint pain. I asked if it could cause the joint pain and he said yes but my labs showed an elevation for inflammation and he also wanted to do more labs on RA. The last labs for RA were negative but I guess he had other labs in mind.
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:45 pm Fibromyalgia usually involves the muscles and 'trigger points' which are knots of pain in the muscle. Not joints so much. Have you been to a rheumatologist to be evaluated for an autoimmune disorder? RA and Lupus, for instance, involve joint pain. Have you heard about the guaifenesin protocol for fibro? It really does help with muscle pain. Joint pain, not so much.

Fibromyalgia is typically a symptom of another underlying problem like untreated hypothyroidism. I've been reading up lately on high dose thiamine therapy. I have very run down adrenals. It's so bad that I take cortisone to help supply what my adrenals cannot. Lately, I've been experiencing pain in the legs and feet and fatigue that extra cortisone doesn't help. I also have bad sciatica from spinal stenosis so I started taking benfotiamine which is a form of thiamin that is supposed to help nerve pain. It does help, btw. I then discovered that high doses of thiamine hcl (600mg to 1500mg or higher) is being used for muscle pain, nerve pain, and fatigue. And that fibro patients have found an improvement in pain and fatigue when taking thiamin HCl in large doses. I'm about 5 days into taking thiamine. I'm seeing improvement in the pain in my legs and back and maybe a tiny bit in fatigue. I started taking thiamine mononitrate until this weekend when I picked up some thiamin HCl because I discovered that it was the HCL form that was used in studies. But the thiamin HCL are horse pill tablets and I'm not able to get as much down as I was with the other form which was capsules. I'm thinking of trying to take both. There aren't a lot of thiamin hcl supplements in capsules in 500mg form so the plan is to buy it in powder once I go through the 120 capsule bottle of the bottle from Nutricology and both bottles of Solgar's 500mg 100 tablets. So it'll be a while. I've been taking around 1500-200mg.

Aso look up 'guaifenesin protocol for fibromyalgia' and give it a try. You can find generic extended-release guai in Walmart without having to fork over all that money for Mucinex's stuff. And you can find the generic ER form online too. You wanna take enough guai so that when you pee it feels hot. That's the phosphorus leaving your body. And drink lots and lots of water too while on guai therapy. Back in the 90's before I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I was diagnosed with fibro. I ran across Dr. St. Armand's paper on guaifenesin and fibromyalgia and gave it a try. I also got on elavil to help me obtain deep restorative sleep. If you're not getting deep restorative sleep, you're gonna develop fibro. There was a university study that involved sleep deprivation of healthy college students and within a short time, they developed fibro like pain. Anyway. Within about 6 months of being on the guai and taking elavil at night I was pretty much pain free.

Your joint pain may resolve along with the muscle pain with the guaifenesin protocol. If it doesn't, another thing you can investigate is pregnenolone. It's considered the 'mother hormone' which all the other hormones (dhea, adrenal hormones, etc.) come from. It was used back in the 40s for arthritic joint pain. If you're post-menopausal, topical bioidentical estriol and progesterone might help too. Amazon has a product by a company called Bio-matrix called Pro-Adapt and Est-Adapt which are liquid estriol and progesterone drops. Estriol is the safest of the three estrogens.

And then there is Antler Velvet. Antler velvet (or powdered antlers) is chock full of joint healing things like minerals, glucosamine and growth factors. Be sure to buy antler velvet sourced from New Zeland, not the US or Canada though.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I was prescribed Gabapentin. Anyone have experience with this medication?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The only people I know who ever had Fibro were chronic pill poppers and drug abusers. Makes a LOT of sense when you think about it.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know several people who have fibromyalgia and NONE of them are "pill poppers" or drug users.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 pm The only people I know who ever had Fibro were chronic pill poppers and drug abusers. Makes a LOT of sense when you think about it.
Did you just call BB a drug addict?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:16 pm The only people I know who ever had Fibro were chronic pill poppers and drug abusers. Makes a LOT of sense when you think about it.
Once again you show what a major idiot you are.
Locked Previous topicNext topic