Anonymous 1

Unread post

A man found $43,000 hidden in a couch. He located the family of the dead person the couch used to belong to and handed the cash over to them. The family didn't know about the money, nor did they even give him a gift of gratitude.

How stupid can people be? He bought the couch and the money now belonged to him. Free and clear. No reason to feel guilty about keeping the money he came into. He didn't even get a lousy $5 gift to buy a cup of coffee. Was that 5 minutes of fame and pat on the back worth $43,000?

How did he know if the dead person had a good relationship with these family members? What if they treated the dead person like a dog then took the $43,000 they didn't know about. Maybe that person didn't want them to have it.

There is nothing noble or honorable about being an idiot.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You suck as a person. That money did not belong to him.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I would have kept it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It isn't stupid to be kind to others and do the right thing. Those who truly do good do it without the expectation of a reward. That is really what's wrong with our society, people who won't the the right thing unless they get something. That's why I don't do all the sticker chart crap with my kids.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:10 am You suck as a person. That money did not belong to him.
It belonged to him just as much as the assholes he handed it over to. When he bought the couch the money inside was his. He gave them all that money and he got a kick in the ass in return.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Technically it belonged to the next of kin of the deceased. He is a good person and did the right thing even when he didn't have to.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's not about the recognition. If you think it is, your morals are fucked up.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He did the right thing. Not everyone does good things expecting a reward.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I could not have kept it. It would eat away at me everyday if I kept it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

But maybe there was $83000, in the couch, hmmmmm...

I don't buy used couches, so I will never find myself in such a moral conundrum, lol...
Locked Previous topicNext topic