Anonymous 4

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:58 am But maybe there was $83000, in the couch, hmmmmm...

I don't buy used couches, so I will never find myself in such a moral conundrum, lol...
What if you bought a house and found money stashed in a wall? My hubby would say it came with the house. But It would bother me keeping it.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is common for older people to hide money and not tell people. It doesn't mean they don't have a good relationship with them. When my uncle's grandma died, my Mom and other family went to clean out her home and found money stashed in all sorts of places.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:58 am But maybe there was $83000, in the couch, hmmmmm...

I don't buy used couches, so I will never find myself in such a moral conundrum, lol...

LOL This was my thought, too. Keep half. :)

Okay, okay, don't know if I'd feel right about it if I were in that position, but I think that's the smartest, most logical thing to do, while still doing "the right thing."
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:16 am It isn't stupid to be kind to others and do the right thing. Those who truly do good do it without the expectation of a reward. That is really what's wrong with our society, people who won't the the right thing unless they get something. That's why I don't do all the sticker chart crap with my kids.
Exactly. It would have been nice of them to give him something as a thank you but they were not beholden to do so. The reward for doing good things is knowing that you did a good/right thing. Anything above that is a bonus.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why are you upset? Is the man your husband or something? He did what he felt was right to do. He's a better person than me. I'd had kept at least some of it. But if he can look in the mirror now and say I'm a better man now who am I to say he's wrong? The only ones wrong around here is the former owners for being ingrates. Someone tells me hey this money belongs to you I'd be giving them a reward for honesty.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

He's not a suck ass piece of shit sub-human thief that would keep money that rightfully belongs to the deceased mans next of kin.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pretty sure this another troll post.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This was a failed troll. FYI OP
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm This was a failed troll. FYI OP
I just googled it and this actually did happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1118091
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:37 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:28 pm This was a failed troll. FYI OP
I just googled it and this actually did happen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnew ... cna1118091
Doesn't mean the OP isn't a troll.
Locked Previous topicNext topic