Is my mom jealous? My boyfriend is not gay.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My mom is the world's worst when it comes to judging the men that I date. I'm dating this new guy and she cannot stand it. For starters, he'ss very good looking, clean-cut, a decent job, etc. Well, my mom thinks that he must have something up his sleeve or that he's secretly gay. For the record, not trying to toot my own horn but I don't look too bad myself so why wouldn't he want to date me. 🙄 She told me yesterday that she didn't know why I wanted to hang out with a "pretty boy". Now I know that she meant that as an insult. I told my best friend how she talks and acts since I've been seeing him, and she thinks that my mom could be jealous. My mom is seriously pissing me off. I keep catching her giving me dirty looks. How would you handle this situation? Why does my mom get so angry when I date someone?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm My mom is the world's worst when it comes to judging the men that I date. I'm dating this new guy and she cannot stand it. For starters, he'ss very good looking, clean-cut, a decent job, etc. Well, my mom thinks that he must have something up his sleeve or that he's secretly gay. For the record, not trying to toot my own horn but I don't look too bad myself so why wouldn't he want to date me. 🙄 She told me yesterday that she didn't know why I wanted to hang out with a "pretty boy". Now I know that she meant that as an insult. I told my best friend how she talks and acts since I've been seeing him, and she thinks that my mom could be jealous. My mom is seriously pissing me off. I keep catching her giving me dirty looks. How would you handle this situation? Why does my mom get so angry when I date someone?
This the same poster who claims her mom is very judgemental about looks?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Assuming this is real tell her unless she has valid concerns- for example she saw him French kissing some guy at a LGBT meeting- you don't want to hear it. I doubt she's jealous. But she might see something you don't so I'd hear her out once. That's it.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old are you? You seem very young.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Stop allowing your "so call friend" put crazy notions in your head, I doubt your Mom is jealous. Good looks, clean cut, and having a decent job comes a dime a dozen
Anonymous 2

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:18 pm My mom is the world's worst when it comes to judging the men that I date. I'm dating this new guy and she cannot stand it. For starters, he'ss very good looking, clean-cut, a decent job, etc. Well, my mom thinks that he must have something up his sleeve or that he's secretly gay. For the record, not trying to toot my own horn but I don't look too bad myself so why wouldn't he want to date me. 🙄 She told me yesterday that she didn't know why I wanted to hang out with a "pretty boy". Now I know that she meant that as an insult. I told my best friend how she talks and acts since I've been seeing him, and she thinks that my mom could be jealous. My mom is seriously pissing me off. I keep catching her giving me dirty looks. How would you handle this situation? Why does my mom get so angry when I date someone?
Is this a statement or a question?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:37 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:20 pm
Is this a statement or a question?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Are you a grown woman? Then why are you even sharing your business with your mother? Do you still live with your mom? Time to start adulting and move out.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Time to quit letting your mommy judge you.
You are an adult now. You are capable of making your own decisions.
STOP telling your mommy everything.
oh good god you don't live mommy do you?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

First, if you’re an adult maybe you should stop looking for your mommy’s approval when it comes to choosing a man. If she doesn’t like the guy you’re dating, tough. It’s none of her business.

Second, same goes for listening to friends who sound as immature as you seem to be. “She’s just jealous” is like the most childish “explanation” in the book. No, she’s not jealous of you, just as the pretty, popular girls in school weren’t jealous of the less than gracious kid they didn’t want to hang around with. Whatever her reasons are to disapprove of your guy either talk to her about them like 2 mature adults or ignore them.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic