My kid isn’t vaccinated and my friends don’t know

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just for the flu.

He’s vaccinated on schedule for everything else. He’s never had the flu shot and I have no intention of ever allowing him to have it while I can.

He’s 9. I have 5 really good girlfriends- all with kids around the same age and we hang out all the time.

We all declared years ago we are pro-vax, nobody needs to question, and that’s that.

But I never do flu and I never tell them. I feel like it’s not a big deal since flu changes every year.

True story.

Go.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No one cares.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:02 pmNo one cares.
Oh. Then why are you here?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

ok.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My kids aren't vaccinated nobody irl cares
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The flu vaccine also changes every year... I don't see why you're on board with all of the other ones, but you'd never allow the flu vaccine, which is the one your child is most likely to actually contract and that many children die from every year.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Both my husband and I received our flu shots this year and I received my pneumonia shot (he received one while in the hospital in 2018; doesn't need another one until same month in 2020).

Now, we're middle-aged, and both of us have health issues. For us, it is just an extra immunity (hopefully) for each of us.

We never vaccinated our kid's for the flu shot. Actually when our oldest daughter was younger, I don't think there really was a flu vaccine when she was the same age as your child, OP.

This is a matter of your choice and since the flu vaccine only covers specific strains of the flu IIRC, there's always the chance that the children of these other Mom's might still see the flu come to their home.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Meh. I don’t go around talking about whether or not my kids are vaccinated. But if someone asks me, I just tell them that we don’t get flu shots.
My kids are fully vaccinated on schedule, except for flu shots and gardasil.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:00 am Meh. I don’t go around talking about whether or not my kids are vaccinated. But if someone asks me, I just tell them that we don’t get flu shots.
My kids are fully vaccinated on schedule, except for flu shots and gardasil.
Same. Those are the only two we decline. I had to find a new family practice doctor/pediatrician a few years ago when my 16 year old was 10-12. That doc pushed a little too hard for the HPV "vaccine".
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:59 pm Just for the flu.

He’s vaccinated on schedule for everything else. He’s never had the flu shot and I have no intention of ever allowing him to have it while I can.

He’s 9. I have 5 really good girlfriends- all with kids around the same age and we hang out all the time.

We all declared years ago we are pro-vax, nobody needs to question, and that’s that.

But I never do flu and I never tell them. I feel like it’s not a big deal since flu changes every year.

True story.

Go.
I dont care what others do with their kids but mine are all fully vaccinated.
If someone's kid gets sick and dies because their parent didnt have vaccinated them, I do not care.
If someone's kid becomes very ill because they werent vaccinated, I do not care.
I have no sympathy for the kid or the parents.
Locked Previous topicNext topic