I'm not going to be able to keep this job

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I work through a temporary service. They did put me at a place that can go full time after 3 months. The problem Is. On the application I put I wanted first or 2nd shift. But all the offered me was a 3rd shift job. I took it because I needed a job badly. It has been a week and i can't hack 3rd shift. Plus they are working 6 nights a week. This shit is killing me. My dh works 2nd so I never see him because I am asleep when he is home. After I get off in the morning I'm calling them to see if they have another shift available because I can't do this. My sleep schedule is off. I can't get full sleep because during the day I can only sleep in short spurts like 2 hrs here and there. I know if I stay on this shift I wont last a month. I'll eventually quit.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sounds awful, I hope they can find you a different shift.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 pm I work through a temporary service. They did put me at a place that can go full time after 3 months. The problem Is. On the application I put I wanted first or 2nd shift. But all the offered me was a 3rd shift job. I took it because I needed a job badly. It has been a week and i can't hack 3rd shift. Plus they are working 6 nights a week. This shit is killing me. My dh works 2nd so I never see him because I am asleep when he is home. After I get off in the morning I'm calling them to see if they have another shift available because I can't do this. My sleep schedule is off. I can't get full sleep because during the day I can only sleep in short spurts like 2 hrs here and there. I know if I stay on this shift I wont last a month. I'll eventually quit.
Uh huh, then you will be moaning about being broke
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You sound like a baby. I work 26 hour call shifts often and I never complain. It isn't that hard to just show up to work and do your job.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:40 am You sound like a baby. I work 26 hour call shifts often and I never complain. It isn't that hard to just show up to work and do your job.
We are two different people. I do show up and do my job. Some people like graveyard shift and can do it and some can't and that Is ok
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Working nights suck dirty balls.
I shit glitter
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Do you need the job?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:28 am Do you need the job?
Yes I do but I also need sleep to function and I can already see it wearing me down
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:05 am
Yes I do but I also need sleep to function and I can already see it wearing me down
Get some blackout curtains and earplugs and it will help. It is an adjustment, it takes a while to move your sleep schedule, but you will adjust over time. I'm not saying I think you should do it for the long run, but I wouldn't quit this job until you find another one if you need the job.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:12 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:05 am
Get some blackout curtains and earplugs and it will help. It is an adjustment, it takes a while to move your sleep schedule, but you will adjust over time. I'm not saying I think you should do it for the long run, but I wouldn't quit this job until you find another one if you need the job.
I'm sure after Christmas I'll be able to find another job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic