Should she have told him?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

OK so here is a semi quick version a man and a woman have been together for 10 years and married for almost 2 years. During the relationship they get a puppy together well the woman wanted it and the man went along with it. They raise the dog who has seizure issues and requires many daily medicines and constant medical attention together. They have a bad breakup a year ago where the woman says the man cheated and the man who has no proof says that she verbally and psychically abused him. The man will also not give her a divorce unless she pays a lot of money to him since she was the main breadwinner and he stayed home doing the things he wanted to do for many years. She kept the house they rented and he went to live in an apartment after she kicked him out. She kept the dog because he couldn't afford the dog and all the medical expenses. Well the dog died in October and she just posted about it on social media and some people told him and he found out. They have been broken up a few years now and he never once visited the dog or tried. The dog was 6 and died of end stage liver failure. This has caused a little split among friends who say that she should have told him when it happened and others who say she had no obligation to tell him. What do you think?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Only if he still had a connection to the dog. Sounds like he didn't.

All the bad blood between them really shouldn't be part of the decision on this.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:27 pm OK so here is a semi quick version a man and a woman have been together for 10 years and married for almost 2 years. During the relationship they get a puppy together well the woman wanted it and the man went along with it. They raise the dog who has seizure issues and requires many daily medicines and constant medical attention together. They have a bad breakup a year ago where the woman says the man cheated and the man who has no proof says that she verbally and psychically abused him. The man will also not give her a divorce unless she pays a lot of money to him since she was the main breadwinner and he stayed home doing the things he wanted to do for many years. She kept the house they rented and he went to live in an apartment after she kicked him out. She kept the dog because he couldn't afford the dog and all the medical expenses. Well the dog died in October and she just posted about it on social media and some people told him and he found out. They have been broken up a few years now and he never once visited the dog or tried. The dog was 6 and died of end stage liver failure. This has caused a little split among friends who say that she should have told him when it happened and others who say she had no obligation to tell him. What do you think?
First, the man can't refuse to give her a divorce, she can get a divorce regardless. He can get alimony just like a woman can.
Second, the woman can't just kick him out unless she was awarded the house.... in the divorce that hasn't happened yet.
Third, She should have told him regardless of anything else. She probably wouldn't let him see the dog
You are the woman in this troll post, just admit it OP
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No obligation
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My SO dog was recently put down and I was the last person to know and even though I'm not a dog person, it still stung because I cared for that dog for years. Now to answer your question...I think she should've told him. A quick message would've been nice before she blasted it on social media.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:35 pm My SO dog was recently put down and I was the last person to know and even though I'm not a dog person, it still stung because I cared for that dog for years. Now to answer your question...I think she should've told him. A quick message would've been nice before she blasted it on social media.
Well, you get what you ask for. You shouldn't have talked about the dog like you did if you wanted him to think you cared about the dog, which I don't believe you did since you literally said "I don't care about the F***ing dog" the day it died.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She should have told him.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If he had cared at all about the dog, he would have been in its life. He would have shown up to visit and to walk the dog. He sounds like an asshole. He didn't give a shit about the dog and he wants to punish his wife because he now cannot be a loser on the couch after a divorce because he has to support himself. Where do you women meet these losers?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He clearly didn't care about the dog so no.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If he really cared, he would have made an effort to see the dog and it sounds like he didn't so no I don't think she had any obligation to tell him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic