Would this make you feel angry?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, it wouldn’t bother me.
I also don’t assume because someone is speaking a different language around me that must mean they are talking about me.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's not interrupting if no one's talking. You expect them to chatter on to you the whole time and can't give ten seconds of attention to their coworker?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:12 pm My initial conversation with you was about conversations among salon technicians. Whatever it is that one technician might want to tell my technician can't be that urgent that it can't wait a half hour when my service will have been completed. Don't interrupt. It's rude unless the place is on fire.

I work in an industry where the customer is the priority and my employer would go ballistic if other employees inserted themselves into my interactions with my clients. Whatever it is that needs to be conveyed to me can wait until I am finished with my client.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 pm It could be a professional conversation and still not be something that the client has to hear about. They could be asking them to hand them some polish or passing along a message from the owner. I also don't think that it is unprofessional for someone I am a client for to ask their coworker if they think it's going to rain later in front of me. When my grandfather is at work, he speaks English to English speaking patrons, but he speaks in Japanese to his coworkers. This isn't to be exclusive and he isn't being unprofessional, he does it because he is still learning English as are some of his coworkers and it's faster and more efficient to say it in their native language. He works in the restaurant business, with raw fish that is being served, so it is important for safety and for efficiency that messages are passed along clearly. He doesn't want to misunderstand what kind of fish someone ordered and mess up their order or misspeak when passing along a safety-related instruction like something allergy related.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 pm For starters, professionalism would dictate that the worker should be giving her undivided attention to her client. If the conversation doesn't pertain to the client, it shouldn't be had at all...in English or in any other language.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

No matter how you spin it, if employee #1 is with a client, it is definitely called "interrupting" if employee #2 inserts herself into the client's time. I don't "expect them to chatter on to me the whole time." I expect them to be polite, do my nails, and send me on my merry way. And if they want to yack to one another in their native language in between customers, that's fine, too. But don't yack to other employees when you're with a client. Period.

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm It's not interrupting if no one's talking. You expect them to chatter on to you the whole time and can't give ten seconds of attention to their coworker?
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:12 pm My initial conversation with you was about conversations among salon technicians. Whatever it is that one technician might want to tell my technician can't be that urgent that it can't wait a half hour when my service will have been completed. Don't interrupt. It's rude unless the place is on fire.

I work in an industry where the customer is the priority and my employer would go ballistic if other employees inserted themselves into my interactions with my clients. Whatever it is that needs to be conveyed to me can wait until I am finished with my client.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 pm It could be a professional conversation and still not be something that the client has to hear about. They could be asking them to hand them some polish or passing along a message from the owner. I also don't think that it is unprofessional for someone I am a client for to ask their coworker if they think it's going to rain later in front of me. When my grandfather is at work, he speaks English to English speaking patrons, but he speaks in Japanese to his coworkers. This isn't to be exclusive and he isn't being unprofessional, he does it because he is still learning English as are some of his coworkers and it's faster and more efficient to say it in their native language. He works in the restaurant business, with raw fish that is being served, so it is important for safety and for efficiency that messages are passed along clearly. He doesn't want to misunderstand what kind of fish someone ordered and mess up their order or misspeak when passing along a safety-related instruction like something allergy related.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm No matter how you spin it, if employee #1 is with a client, it is definitely called "interrupting" if employee #2 inserts herself into the client's time. I don't "expect them to chatter on to me the whole time." I expect them to be polite, do my nails, and send me on my merry way. And if they want to yack to one another in their native language in between customers, that's fine, too. But don't yack to other employees when you're with a client. Period.

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm It's not interrupting if no one's talking. You expect them to chatter on to you the whole time and can't give ten seconds of attention to their coworker?

Give up, She's doing what she's has been doing for years. She makes a stupid troll post about a subject to start an argument and always interjects her asian culture (used to be romani) someway...somehow and defends it to the death, hahaha
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Could you pass me the purple polish" isn't yacking.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 pm No matter how you spin it, if employee #1 is with a client, it is definitely called "interrupting" if employee #2 inserts herself into the client's time. I don't "expect them to chatter on to me the whole time." I expect them to be polite, do my nails, and send me on my merry way. And if they want to yack to one another in their native language in between customers, that's fine, too. But don't yack to other employees when you're with a client. Period.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

It's interrupting. Get up and get the polish that you need.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 pm "Could you pass me the purple polish" isn't yacking.

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If they are in the middle of working on your nails, getting up and getting it themselves is interrupting and could also affect the quality of their work.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:15 pm It's interrupting. Get up and get the polish that you need.
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:44 pm "Could you pass me the purple polish" isn't yacking.

Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:02 pm

No, not if I didn't know them or if I wasn't in a group setting with them.
But I've been at a party or in a restaurant with a group of people and two or more would start talking in their language knowing full well the rest of us don't speak that gibberish. I just tell them to speak English because its rude to speak in another language the rest of don'r understand and they know it.
Another language isn't gibberish...
It is if the people are speaking the language to be rude on purpose knowing full well no one else speaks that language at the table
What makes you think they’re rude?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymom*23/6/364 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:50 pm Not really.
But I have wished I could speak Mandarin once or twice during a manicure.😉
You KNOW they're smack talking us!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yep. I've been cut because mama was all engrossed with her girlfriend that came in to blab. She wasn't paying attention, because she was looking over her shoulder yapping away. I was not happy.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic