Im choosing between my minor children and adult child

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My oldest son who is 24 lives about 4 and a half hours away. He and his wife have a 2 month old little girl. Very precious. From the very get go they have said they would not be traveling for the holidays. I compleyely understand and Im very supportive of their decisions. However, they are not very very supportive of mine. Today DIL called me to find out what time we will be arriving at her house for baby's first Christmas. I told her we weren't going. I explained to her that puts a very unfair expectation on me and minooye. I still have small children at home. My youngest just turned 4 a month ago. My next oldest is 8, my next oldest is 12,next oldest is 17. I explained to her that my dh,myself and 17 yo still have to be at work the next day and I wasn't driving 9 hours in 1 day effectivelyruining my chuldren's holiday. She told me I was being unfair and putting ny younger children above my oldest and grandchild and that I was the worst MIL and Grandma ever and I was ruining her Christmas. I told her sorry she felt that way and until she grows the f**k up and apologizes do not contact me anymore. Her hypocracy is amazing to me
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm My oldest son who is 24 lives about 4 and a half hours away. He and his wife have a 2 month old little girl. Very precious. From the very get go they have said they would not be traveling for the holidays. I compleyely understand and Im very supportive of their decisions. However, they are not very very supportive of mine. Today DIL called me to find out what time we will be arriving at her house for baby's first Christmas. I told her we weren't going. I explained to her that puts a very unfair expectation on me and minooye. I still have small children at home. My youngest just turned 4 a month ago. My next oldest is 8, my next oldest is 12,next oldest is 17. I explained to her that my dh,myself and 17 yo still have to be at work the next day and I wasn't driving 9 hours in 1 day effectivelyruining my chuldren's holiday. She told me I was being unfair and putting ny younger children above my oldest and grandchild and that I was the worst MIL and Grandma ever and I was ruining her Christmas. I told her sorry she felt that way and until she grows the f**k up and apologizes do not contact me anymore. Her hypocracy is amazing to me
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Shit, Got Damn!!!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My only suggestion to you is spell check and enjoy your holiday with your young ones. :)
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Thanks for trolling.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

There's a smooth cadence to your writing and then, out of no where...BOOM!

The drastic change in cadence, coupled with the space before the BOOM, smells of troll to me.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm My oldest son who is 24 lives about 4 and a half hours away. He and his wife have a 2 month old little girl. Very precious. From the very get go they have said they would not be traveling for the holidays. I compleyely understand and Im very supportive of their decisions. However, they are not very very supportive of mine. Today DIL called me to find out what time we will be arriving at her house for baby's first Christmas. I told her we weren't going. I explained to her that puts a very unfair expectation on me and minooye. I still have small children at home. My youngest just turned 4 a month ago. My next oldest is 8, my next oldest is 12,next oldest is 17. I explained to her that my dh,myself and 17 yo still have to be at work the next day and I wasn't driving 9 hours in 1 day effectivelyruining my chuldren's holiday. She told me I was being unfair and putting ny younger children above my oldest and grandchild and that I was the worst MIL and Grandma ever and I was ruining her Christmas.I told her sorry she felt that way and until she grows the f**k up and apologizes do not contact me anymore. Her hypocracy is amazing to me
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Effectivelyruining chuldren's holidays is so last year.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:15 pm There's a smooth cadence to your writing and then, out of no where...BOOM!

The drastic change in cadence, coupled with the space before the BOOM, smells of troll to me.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:53 pm My oldest son who is 24 lives about 4 and a half hours away. He and his wife have a 2 month old little girl. Very precious. From the very get go they have said they would not be traveling for the holidays. I compleyely understand and Im very supportive of their decisions. However, they are not very very supportive of mine. Today DIL called me to find out what time we will be arriving at her house for baby's first Christmas. I told her we weren't going. I explained to her that puts a very unfair expectation on me and minooye. I still have small children at home. My youngest just turned 4 a month ago. My next oldest is 8, my next oldest is 12,next oldest is 17. I explained to her that my dh,myself and 17 yo still have to be at work the next day and I wasn't driving 9 hours in 1 day effectivelyruining my chuldren's holiday. She told me I was being unfair and putting ny younger children above my oldest and grandchild and that I was the worst MIL and Grandma ever and I was ruining her Christmas.I told her sorry she felt that way and until she grows the f**k up and apologizes do not contact me anymore. Her hypocracy is amazing to me

Yup. I almost believed this post until I read the last part. So dumb.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Woe is me Quantum.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:24 pm Effectivelyruining chuldren's holidays is so last year.
I'm dead. Thanks for the laugh!
Locked Previous topicNext topic