Deleted User 670

Unread post

:eyeroll:
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:35 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:58 pm You told her not to contact you again? So which "cut off any family member who dares to call me out" individual are you? And enjoy not having a relationship with your son or grandchild anymore.
Yea I did tell her not to talk to me until she grows up. Im not neccissarily pro cut off but if her immaturity and hypocrisy tells her to do it than so be it. I will not be held by her/their demands. Expecting anyone to drive 9 hours for a couple of hours is ridiculous. Her Christmas and her baby's Christmas is no more important than my own children
You cut her off not the other way around. And her baby is your grandchild. Did you invite them to come for Christmas morning? Did you ask them what their plans were weeks ago like normal people do?
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:36 pm
stilltfez wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:01 pm I'm so sorry you're having to go through this this Christmas, I hope your son understands even though his wife doesn't. I hope they don't cut you out of your grandbaby's life for it.
If they do it would be their own loss. Not mine
As a grandma I call bull shit. Not having my grandchildren in my life would be one of the greatest losses of my life.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

That's terrible. I'm so sorry.

lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:44 pm
stilltfez wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:01 pm I'm so sorry you're having to go through this this Christmas, I hope your son understands even though his wife doesn't. I hope they don't cut you out of your grandbaby's life for it.
If that's how little love you feel towards your grandchild, then it's best that they never come around you again. You are clearly the toxic type.
I love how I'm the toxic type because I refused to do the exact thing that she is refusing to do. Its a hell of lot easier to pack up 3 people and drive 9 hours in a day or even the 4.5 and spend the night than it is to for me to pack up 7 people and drive 9 hours and completely ruin my children's holiday. Just because I said no to a ridiculous request does not make me toxic.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 11 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:53 pm
As a grandma I call bull shit. Not having my grandchildren in my life would be one of the greatest losses of my life.
Like I said before. I still have very young children at home who deserve to have Christmas. Who deserve to be able to enjoy their gifts and their presents. Not being held hostage by a 9 hour car ride
Deleted User 203

Unread post

What does your son say? Does he know the context of the conversation you had with her?

I can actually understand your points and because you have three of you having to work the next day, traveling for 4 1/2 hours one way is a bit much, and not a fun way to spend a holiday.

Have you always had a bad relationship with her?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:58 pm You told her not to contact you again? So which "cut off any family member who dares to call me out" individual are you? And enjoy not having a relationship with your son or grandchild anymore.
Yea I did tell her not to talk to me until she grows up. Im not neccissarily pro cut off but if her immaturity and hypocrisy tells her to do it than so be it. I will not be held by her/their demands. Expecting anyone to drive 9 hours for a couple of hours is ridiculous. Her Christmas and her baby's Christmas is no more important than my own children
You cut her off not the other way around. And her baby is your grandchild. Did you invite them to come for Christmas morning? Did you ask them what their plans were weeks ago like normal people do?
Why would I when they explictly said they were not traveling for Christmas? Lile I said Im not dealing with her hypocrisy and I certainly will not be held hostage by it either. I have absolutely no problem with that. However,I do have a problem with her telling me how horrible I am for refusing to do the exact same thing they refused to do. Thats bs and I'm not putting up with it. If she was a mature adult then she would have respected my decision just like I did with them
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:58 pm What does your son say? Does he know the context of the conversation you had with her?

I can actually understand your points and because you have three of you having to work the next day, traveling for 4 1/2 hours one way is a bit much, and not a fun way to spend a holiday.

Have you always had a bad relationship with her?
It was pretty good up until she had the baby. But she has made it perfectly clear that I'm not the grandmother she wanted for her child. Again that boils down to the fact that I still have very young children living at home and their needs must come first. I can't drop what I'm doing to babysit or give her a break whenever she wants. Hell I still need breaks at times. Im not retired sitting around with nothing to do everyday. I'm still working. I still have dance practices,scouts,football,baseball,wrestling games and matches,campouts etc.....Now what she was expecting and I can imagine its very disappointing to her but thats just the way it is
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:11 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Why would I when they explictly said they were not traveling for Christmas? Lile I said Im not dealing with her hypocrisy and I certainly will not be held hostage by it either. I have absolutely no problem with that. However,I do have a problem with her telling me how horrible I am for refusing to do the exact same thing they refused to do. Thats bs and I'm not putting up with it. If she was a mature adult then she would have respected my decision just like I did with them
You have the communication skills of a sullen 13 year old.
Obviously they thought you were travelling to them. "Oh I am sorry you won't make it here for Christmas. Let's schedule a time for us to come out and celebrate with you." Why is that hard?
I doubt this is the first time you have treated them like they don't matter. You say in this post that if they choose not be around you it will be their loss (LOL). Did you send gifts for your grandchild and for them? Have you been there to see the baby?
Locked Previous topicNext topic