S/O Ungrateful Gifts

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book title. :lol:
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:43 pm You just have a lot of balls. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself, Conweis!
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:34 pm

I do donate. I stated in a other post I was donating 4T clothes to a woman on FB. Through out the year I donate things BUT I have five boys. Some people give the same type of gifts for birthdays too. I get between 10 and 20 balls at Christmas time alone. Not a F***ing joke. In my shed I have bikes, scooters, punching bag, soccer net and a ton of balls that I get through out the year.
But it adds up. I clear my shed out twice a year, but this year I am trying to just get rid of most of it, not add more things in there.
Balls to the walls. LOL
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I give general ideas instead of a list. So if you have a kid into D and D then say "Hey, Amazon has a whole collection of awesome D and D accessories! Kid A would love something like that!"
I don't say specific things, I give ideas of what they like.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

You sounds like a control freak narcissist... I wouldn't buy you or your kids a damn thing if you made a "registry" . I'd say to the kids sorry your moms and asshole and slip them some candy
Anonymous 1

Unread post

lmao
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:37 pm You sounds like a control freak narcissist... I wouldn't buy you or your kids a damn thing if you made a "registry" . I'd say to the kids sorry your moms and asshole and slip them some candy
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:37 pm You sounds like a control freak narcissist... I wouldn't buy you or your kids a damn thing if you made a "registry" . I'd say to the kids sorry your moms and asshole and slip them some candy
Well then, it does take an asshole to recognize another one :?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I admit I'd feel controlled. If you presented it as suggestions that's fine or If I ask you that's fine. If you say stick to the list I'm going to be like no bite me because maybe I don't want to spend that much or I do see something I think your kid would like. I wouldn't like it.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just playing devil's advocate here:

Other than the OP insisting that people buy from the wish list, what's the difference between a kid's Christmas registry and a bridal/baby registry?
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:55 pm

My kids are happy for whatever they get. I just dont want people wasting their money on something that will be used once and they take up space until it is threw out or given away.
So the kids are happy with whatever gifts they received, but mom is not? So this is about you and what is best for you.
Are you not aware of how very rude you demands that people only purchase from your list are? Bottom line, if you don't want these things in your house then donate, or return them. You do not get to decide how anyone spends their money, you just don't.
No my kids have great manners in gift recieving. They show they are grateful and people assume they gave a great gift, then in return try to give the same type of gift for birthdays and Christmas the next year.
If you had a daughter and every year people gave her Barbie Dolls and make up when she wasn't into those things, even when you gave them other suggestions, you would get peeved too.
I am so glad that you brought that up, because one of my daughters hated Barbie Dolls, but one of her aunts gave her Barbie Dolls for every birthday and Christmas. My daughter kept them in a container then when she started baby sitting she would take them with her for the kids she babysat. When she was over babysitting, she donated the unopened ones to Fisher House, the open ones to salvation army thrift store. I always taught my kids that the real gift was the act of finding and giving the gift, not the actual gift. So no I never got peeved about it. I just turned it around.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:49 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:55 pm

My kids are happy for whatever they get. I just dont want people wasting their money on something that will be used once and they take up space until it is threw out or given away.
So the kids are happy with whatever gifts they received, but mom is not? So this is about you and what is best for you.
Are you not aware of how very rude you demands that people only purchase from your list are? Bottom line, if you don't want these things in your house then donate, or return them. You do not get to decide how anyone spends their money, you just don't.
No my kids have great manners in gift recieving. They show they are grateful and people assume they gave a great gift, then in return try to give the same type of gift for birthdays and Christmas the next year.
If you had a daughter and every year people gave her Barbie Dolls and make up when she wasn't into those things, even when you gave them other suggestions, you would get peeved too.
I have a six year old daughter who hates barbies and gets them as gifts at birthday parties and from relatives every year who don't see her often, and no I don't get peeved. We say thank you so much, send a nice thank you card, and donate them to a child who does like them.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You do understand what a gift is right?
Locked Previous topicNext topic