S/O Ungrateful Gifts

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:43 am I hope your kids aren't as ungrateful as you are .
My kids are happy for whatever they get. I just dont want people wasting their money on something that will be used once and they take up space until it is threw out or given away.
So the kids are happy with whatever gifts they received, but mom is not? So this is about you and what is best for you.
Are you not aware of how very rude you demands that people only purchase from your list are? Bottom line, if you don't want these things in your house then donate, or return them. You do not get to decide how anyone spends their money, you just don't.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I have never understood giving just whatever with little to no thought as to what might be needed or wanted. I can't even tell how many bags of stuff we've gotten rid of over they years because we had family ask what the kids wanted or needed, then they give everything but that. Our kids say thank you and are appreciative but when you get things you can't use and have no interest in, it's a waste and we don't need more crap to store. Call it ungrateful or whatever. I think it's weird as hell to just give with no real thought. It shows how little the giver cares.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:01 pm Why not donate all that stuff you keep in your shed? Why continue to stockpile unwanted unused "clutter" when there are many families who would love to have that "clutter"?
I'd call it greed
I do donate. I stated in a other post I was donating 4T clothes to a woman on FB. Through out the year I donate things BUT I have five boys. Some people give the same type of gifts for birthdays too. I get between 10 and 20 balls at Christmas time alone. Not a F***ing joke. In my shed I have bikes, scooters, punching bag, soccer net and a ton of balls that I get through out the year.
But it adds up. I clear my shed out twice a year, but this year I am trying to just get rid of most of it, not add more things in there.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think posters are obstinate on both sides of the issue. People that give gifts which are of inconvenience to the recipient are not gift givers of the year, nor are recipients recognized as gracious, if they demand specific presents.

Both sides need to give a little.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

You just have a lot of balls. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself, Conweis!
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:34 pm
iamanon wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:01 pm Why not donate all that stuff you keep in your shed? Why continue to stockpile unwanted unused "clutter" when there are many families who would love to have that "clutter"?
I'd call it greed
I do donate. I stated in a other post I was donating 4T clothes to a woman on FB. Through out the year I donate things BUT I have five boys. Some people give the same type of gifts for birthdays too. I get between 10 and 20 balls at Christmas time alone. Not a F***ing joke. In my shed I have bikes, scooters, punching bag, soccer net and a ton of balls that I get through out the year.
But it adds up. I clear my shed out twice a year, but this year I am trying to just get rid of most of it, not add more things in there.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:00 pm It also seems strange to me that her main concern is clutter, but almost everything on her younger kids list are cluttery character toys that her kids could lose interest in and outgrow at any time...
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:53 pm Image
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:44 pm That is basically what we do. We don't ever throw things away, if they aren't getting used, we find them new homes.
Because they play with those type toys. They are getting another toy box that can accommodate their toys. We have already tossed broken toys and given away duplicates and toys they just havent used in awhile. I do not see a four year old out growing those toys anytime soon. I know my kids' interests.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:55 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:43 am I hope your kids aren't as ungrateful as you are .
My kids are happy for whatever they get. I just dont want people wasting their money on something that will be used once and they take up space until it is threw out or given away.
So the kids are happy with whatever gifts they received, but mom is not? So this is about you and what is best for you.
Are you not aware of how very rude you demands that people only purchase from your list are? Bottom line, if you don't want these things in your house then donate, or return them. You do not get to decide how anyone spends their money, you just don't.
No my kids have great manners in gift recieving. They show they are grateful and people assume they gave a great gift, then in return try to give the same type of gift for birthdays and Christmas the next year.
If you had a daughter and every year people gave her Barbie Dolls and make up when she wasn't into those things, even when you gave them other suggestions, you would get peeved too.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:43 pm You just have a lot of balls. :lol:

Sorry. Couldn't help myself, Conweis!
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:34 pm
I'd call it greed
Balls to the walls. LOL
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I understand what you mean
I’m so glad we are past the toy stage
Keeping track of toys and getting toys they didn’t play with and took up so much room
Ugh
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Yes, you are wrong and it’s incredibly tacky!
Locked Previous topicNext topic