S/O Ungrateful Gifts

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know what my kids want and I need to not have crap they won't use cluttering my home.
The last thing to get on my older three kids list is as followed:
Pajamas
Slippers
Wireless headphones
Gym membership for ds15
12 W shoes for ds15
D&D board/map and starter pack for ds14
12 W boots for ds14
5.5 W boots for ds12

Little ones
Anything:
PJ masks
Paw Patrol
Octonaunts
Wall-E (surprisingly)
Wire headphones

I made it clear, unless you are giving them GC to Amazon, Google or Walmart stick to the list. Before someone asks about books... my kids get between five to 10 books each every Christmas and everyone already has bikes/scooters.

Why is the list so hard for people? I have everything ready for buy on Monday. For the last month the list hasn't changed and yet, family seems to have an issue with what to give the older kids.

Am I wrong with telling people to stick to the list?
Quick edited:
My kids are grateful for whatever they get. One year my 14 year old got a set of bike pedals because he was getting his older brother's bike. He was ecstatic about it.
People want to give the older boys legos and sports balls. Soccer, football, basketballs. That is all fine BUT it is the same type of gift every year, for every kid. My shed has to be replaced and I let that be known, "Don't give me anything that has to be put in my shed."
I have three 27 gallon totes filled with legos and other building type toys. I have enough balls to start a sport's store. My shed is 3/4 filled with sports and camping equipment. A 10 by 10 by 12 shed.
Kids hobbies change, what they are interested in changes. In fact none of the boys have been interested in basketball but every year I get about three basketballs.
Now if someone were to say they were giving the kids a science experiment kit, something my older kids are into. I wouldn't have an issue. Instead I get balls and legos galore. Step on legos multiple times throughout the year and tell me how much you love legos.
Stick to the damn list or save your money.
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just always let other people buy what they wanted for my child.
I've been taught you don't dictate what someone else chooses to give, even if it's for your child.
I made sure to teach her to say thank you for the gift.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think it would be nice if friends and family bought your kids what they'd like. But I do think it's wrong for you to tell them to stick to the list. Maybe they have something special that they'd prefer to give.
Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 am I know what my kids want and I need to not have crap they won't use cluttering my home.
Pajamas
Slippers
Wireless headphones
Gym membership for ds15
12 W shoes for ds15
12 W boots for ds14
5.5 W boots for ds12

Little ones
Anything:
PJ masks
Paw Patrol
Octonaunts
Wall-E (surprisingly)
Wire headphones

I made it clear, unless you are giving them GC to Amazon, Google or Walmart stick to the list. Before someone asks about books... my kids get between five to 10 books each every Christmas and everyone already has bikes/scooters.

Why is the list so hard for people? I have everything ready for buy on Monday. For the last month the list hasn't changed and yet, family seems to have an issue with what to give the older kids.

Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, you are wrong. A list is a suggestion not a must purchase. If someone wants to give a gift that is their choice, not yours. If you presented your list to me
And demanded that I exclusively purchase from it the kids would get no gift from me, period.

Conweis wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:14 am I know what my kids want and I need to not have crap they won't use cluttering my home.
Pajamas
Slippers
Wireless headphones
Gym membership for ds15
12 W shoes for ds15
12 W boots for ds14
5.5 W boots for ds12

Little ones
Anything:
PJ masks
Paw Patrol
Octonaunts
Wall-E (surprisingly)
Wire headphones

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If I get asked for suggestions, I'll tell them but otherwise I let them get what they want.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it is a helpful thing to give a list. People should be grateful for anything they get though.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your attitude sucks.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, you're wrong. Very very wrong.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I hope your kids aren't as ungrateful as you are .
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, that's rude. If someone asked me what my kids want, I could give them some ideas, but otherwise, I would never make a list and tell people they have to follow it, especially when most of the things on your older kids list are quite expensive. And if someone told me that I had to stick to a list when buying a gift for their child, I'd be giving them the side-eye. Your whole outlook that anything not on your list is "crap cluttering your home" is off-putting.
Locked Previous topicNext topic