Does anyone complete the PopSugar Annual Reading Challenge?

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/file ... 281%29.pdf

Just curious, I was thinking about doing it this year.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nah. I like to read, but damn.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My 12 year old could
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nah..I'm not into contstraints like that...some of those are just silly to me. Things like that remind me of school and required reading. I have one bookworm and one that hates to read. Even my bookworm becomes annoyed with constraints. We do a Christian curriculum and she had to read certain genres for book reports this year: Christian fiction ( ewww for the most part- She read the Narnia series as I have it in one book), Christian nonfiction ( she read Corie Ten Boom), fiction ( Anne of Green Gables), non fiction ( Hamilton), information ( a book on China), and she could choose one of those categories for her last one ( she read a true story about the integration of a school)..being told what categories to read is really aggravating for her. She would just like to read a book without constraints to it. It's even worse for my 11 year old since she hates to read. She had the same categories, but some of the books came with her curriculum. In all honesty, I think it sucks the joy out of reading when you are made read certain things so I would not do that challenge.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hadn't heard of this so I took a look at your attachment. If there were books listed under each challenge, I'd probably do this. But I wouldn't be interested in seeking out books that might meet each of the 50 challenges. And is there a time constraint?

Are you doing the challenge, OP?
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never heard of it but I don't participate in those challenges anyway. I do read every day though. A few months ago I started reading at bedtime to help me relax and now it's part of my routine.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:06 am I hadn't heard of this so I took a look at your attachment. If there were books listed under each challenge, I'd probably do this. But I wouldn't be interested in seeking out books that might meet each of the 50 challenges. And is there a time constraint?

Are you doing the challenge, OP?
Each year they post a list, all for fun, so you can take as long as you want but it is meant to be completed in the year 2020. I have not decided yet! I love to read, I think it looks sort of fun, BUT I so many books already on my TBR list already. I am still debating!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:29 am Nah..I'm not into contstraints like that...some of those are just silly to me. Things like that remind me of school and required reading. I have one bookworm and one that hates to read. Even my bookworm becomes annoyed with constraints. We do a Christian curriculum and she had to read certain genres for book reports this year: Christian fiction ( ewww for the most part- She read the Narnia series as I have it in one book), Christian nonfiction ( she read Corie Ten Boom), fiction ( Anne of Green Gables), non fiction ( Hamilton), information ( a book on China), and she could choose one of those categories for her last one ( she read a true story about the integration of a school)..being told what categories to read is really aggravating for her. She would just like to read a book without constraints to it. It's even worse for my 11 year old since she hates to read. She had the same categories, but some of the books came with her curriculum. In all honesty, I think it sucks the joy out of reading when you are made read certain things so I would not do that challenge.
I can understand her frustration, it is certainly not for everybody, my kids are similar...and I did not get one bookworm out of my 3 kids, 😭, so sad that I failed in that area, lol....but I still do try to get my kids exposure to different genres, otherwise they would never even know if they enjoy the book, or possibly find a hidden treasure. I tell them it is no different than they trying new foods or traveling to new places. Gotta try, you know? They do not remain convinced, haha!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 amMy 12 year old could
You should totally encourage her to do it!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:13 am Nah. I like to read, but damn.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
Lol, well, you could just see how many of the books you read already fit in a category for fun. I am thinking about just doing that, since my tbr list is pretty long.
Locked Previous topicNext topic