Does anyone complete the PopSugar Annual Reading Challenge?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I feel ya! I've had Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed" on my shelf for I don't know how long now! Gotta get to that!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:28 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:06 am I hadn't heard of this so I took a look at your attachment. If there were books listed under each challenge, I'd probably do this. But I wouldn't be interested in seeking out books that might meet each of the 50 challenges. And is there a time constraint?

Are you doing the challenge, OP?
Each year they post a list, all for fun, so you can take as long as you want but it is meant to be completed in the year 2020. I have not decided yet! I love to read, I think it looks sort of fun, BUT I so many books already on my TBR list already. I am still debating!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 am I feel ya! I've had Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed" on my shelf for I don't know how long now! Gotta get to that!
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:06 am I hadn't heard of this so I took a look at your attachment. If there were books listed under each challenge, I'd probably do this. But I wouldn't be interested in seeking out books that might meet each of the 50 challenges. And is there a time constraint?

Are you doing the challenge, OP?
Each year they post a list, all for fun, so you can take as long as you want but it is meant to be completed in the year 2020. I have not decided yet! I love to read, I think it looks sort of fun, BUT I so many books already on my TBR list already. I am still debating!
Lol, well it was released in 2013, lol, the struggle is real for book lovers!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Well, I've had it for a while. But not THAT long! Have you read his, "A Thousand Splendid Suns"?
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:45 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:42 am I feel ya! I've had Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed" on my shelf for I don't know how long now! Gotta get to that!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:35 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:31 amMy 12 year old could
You should totally encourage her to do it!
I just might although he doesn't need more excuses to read instead of do chores!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 pm Well, I've had it for a while. But not THAT long! Have you read his, "A Thousand Splendid Suns"?

No I have not. Too much sadness & drama for me, I think!
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I was really moved by it. It would also be a real eye opener for many.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:55 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 pm Well, I've had it for a while. But not THAT long! Have you read his, "A Thousand Splendid Suns"?

No I have not. Too much sadness & drama for me, I think!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

To me, reading isn't a contest. I read because I want to and most of the items on that list I have no desire to read. Frankly, anything that ends with the word "Challenge" is gonna get a huge eye roll from me anyway.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We might have the kids do it. It's a good way to get them to explore genres they might not otherwise try.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No thanks, I prefer smutty romance novels and nothing about other cultures.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm To me, reading isn't a contest. I read because I want to and most of the items on that list I have no desire to read. Frankly, anything that ends with the word "Challenge" is gonna get a huge eye roll from me anyway.
Lol, no burpee challenges for you either then? Haha!
Locked Previous topicNext topic