Vegan pot luck

sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:21 pm Thank you all for your ideas. I did end up just going to Whole Foods and buying a couple of pies (that were marked vegan).

As for WHY it has to be vegan, The owners of the school are vegan and a lot of the members are also, they are hosting it and that's what they requested vegan (no animal products), do we HAVE to go no we don't, does DS really want to go yes, so I have to get a vegan dish.
I would think that the owners of a public business that are holding a business related event would want to accommodate all of their clients and would have a pot luck that appeals to everyone and not just a few. People are often criticized for not having vegan options for relatives and friends at events so doesn't the same apply for something like this? Non Vegan items could be marked as such.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. If you’re hosting and providing the food then that’s up to you. But if you’re asking people to bring food for the party then don’t make everyone accommodate your dietary needs. Those who are vegan can provide the vegan dishes and those who aren’t can bring in dishes for everyone else. It’s not that hard to label something as “vegan” or “non-vegan” to avoid confusion.
sheramom4 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:21 pm Thank you all for your ideas. I did end up just going to Whole Foods and buying a couple of pies (that were marked vegan).

As for WHY it has to be vegan, The owners of the school are vegan and a lot of the members are also, they are hosting it and that's what they requested vegan (no animal products), do we HAVE to go no we don't, does DS really want to go yes, so I have to get a vegan dish.
I would think that the owners of a public business that are holding a business related event would want to accommodate all of their clients and would have a pot luck that appeals to everyone and not just a few. People are often criticized for not having vegan options for relatives and friends at events so doesn't the same apply for something like this? Non Vegan items could be marked as such.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic