Ungrateful people at Christmas time.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You ever buy Christmas gifts for people and they snarl their nose at the things you bought them and complain about the gifts you bought them behind your back or even right in front of your face?

One year we got my niece play dress up clothes, shoes and jewlery and a doll. When she opened her gifts her mother (SIL) made the ugliest face. She went home and told everyone we bought them junk.

My other SIL and brother talk crap about the gifts my mother gives them every year. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on them and they are so ungrateful. They take things back to the store and give the stuff away to other people.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Never to my face, but I've seen stuff I've given in yard sales.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My dh does it over every thing. Everything anyone gets him, he wishes they would have gotten this or that, even if we got him EXACTLY what he said he wanted.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can’t say it’s happened to me but a co teacher was like that this year. We had our secret Santa gifts coming and she received. What made it worse was she at that point didn’t even know who her secret Santa was. Be grateful! How hard is that!?!?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's happened to me before. Those people don't get gifts from me anymore. Fool me once.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

ungrateful kids get books. ungrateful parents get lovely framed photos of us.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No one has ever said anything to my face
I would stop buying them gifts and get gift cards
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm You ever buy Christmas gifts for people and they snarl their nose at the things you bought them and complain about the gifts you bought them behind your back or even right in front of your face?

One year we got my niece play dress up clothes, shoes and jewlery and a doll. When she opened her gifts her mother (SIL) made the ugliest face. She went home and told everyone we bought them junk.

My other SIL and brother talk crap about the gifts my mother gives them every year. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on them and they are so ungrateful. They take things back to the store and give the stuff away to other people.
No but we don't have spoiled rude ass ungrateful jackanapes in our family. IF anyone complained about anything or if I ever got word of anyone complaining, they would only do it once
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I stopped buying gifts for people who were rude, or unhappy about the gifts they received years ago. I also stop buying for anyone but immediate family members (dh kids and grandbabies). I now take the money I would have spent on those rude ungrateful people and order hats/gloves/socks delivered to Convenant House every year.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

My husband's aunt was the hardest person to buy anything for. She would either give the gift back, or return it. It turned into a joke amongst our family. One year I thought "I'll fix HER wagon." and bought her a bunch of cleaning supplies. Surely that was something she could actually use & wouldn't return, you know? She opens the box, looks at me deadpan and says "Are you saying my home is filthy?" Then busted out laughing. She was something!
Locked Previous topicNext topic