Ungrateful people at Christmas time.

Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:51 pm ungrateful kids get books. ungrateful parents get lovely framed photos of us.
Books are fabulous presents and my kids would love to get books.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm You ever buy Christmas gifts for people and they snarl their nose at the things you bought them and complain about the gifts you bought them behind your back or even right in front of your face?

One year we got my niece play dress up clothes, shoes and jewlery and a doll. When she opened her gifts her mother (SIL) made the ugliest face. She went home and told everyone we bought them junk.

My other SIL and brother talk crap about the gifts my mother gives them every year. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on them and they are so ungrateful. They take things back to the store and give the stuff away to other people.
Do you think this part is bad. Do you expect people to keep everything they are given even if it's something that doesn't fit into their style or something that they would never use?
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:35 pm
stilltfez wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:51 pm ungrateful kids get books. ungrateful parents get lovely framed photos of us.
Books are fabulous presents and my kids would love to get books.
I got all my great nephews books for Christmas this year. They already have so many toys they don't even know what they have. They are 5,3 and 1.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It wasn't a Christmas gift but once my son was rude about a toy he received from my mother. It was the last time it happened. We had a lovely come to Jesus meeting about showing gratitude.
But no one has ever done it to me .
Anonymous 9

Unread post

My dd one year told me I never get her anything she likes and will throw everything in the trash. So I returned all of her stuff and all she got was books that year. She never made that mistake again.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:18 pm You ever buy Christmas gifts for people and they snarl their nose at the things you bought them and complain about the gifts you bought them behind your back or even right in front of your face?

One year we got my niece play dress up clothes, shoes and jewlery and a doll. When she opened her gifts her mother (SIL) made the ugliest face. She went home and told everyone we bought them junk.

My other SIL and brother talk crap about the gifts my mother gives them every year. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on them and they are so ungrateful. They take things back to the store and give the stuff away to other people.
What do you want them to do with a gift they don't want?
I shit glitter
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have never had that happen, but if I did, they wouldn't be getting anything else from me. Period. I'm not going to waste my time, and money for you to complain about it.

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm It wasn't a Christmas gift but once my son was rude about a toy he received from my mother. It was the last time it happened. We had a lovely come to Jesus meeting about showing gratitude.
Two of my kids did this at the family Xmas party this past weekend. Ugh my eight year old seriously threw herself on the floor sobbing dramatically because she got a simple barbie with no clothing on it. This behaivor is so unlike them I was mortified. At the same time I do understand her feelings because these family members have always treated her cousins better. They buy for all of the kids and get their other cousins something awesome (to a kid) every year and our kids get something simple or way too young for them. There's been years they didn't get our kids anything at all and they had to watch their cousins getting presents and running around playing with them while they got nothing simply because they forgot about them. So I'm sure they feel like they aren't treated the same. We had a long talk in the car about being grateful after her sister threw a fit about her barbie too because it wasn't a computer. Sigh.. The kids never have gotten gifts like that so I don't have any idea why she expected a computer. Thankfully the aunt that buys the gifts didn't see my children's unusual display of bratty behaivor as I quickly removed her from the room to have a chat.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am
Pjmm wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:56 pm It wasn't a Christmas gift but once my son was rude about a toy he received from my mother. It was the last time it happened. We had a lovely come to Jesus meeting about showing gratitude.
Two of my kids did this at the family Xmas party this past weekend. Ugh my eight year old seriously threw herself on the floor sobbing dramatically because she got a simple barbie with no clothing on it. This behaivor is so unlike them I was mortified. At the same time I do understand her feelings because these family members have always treated her cousins better. They buy for all of the kids and get their other cousins something awesome (to a kid) every year and our kids get something simple or way too young for them. There's been years they didn't get our kids anything at all and they had to watch their cousins getting presents and running around playing with them while they got nothing simply because they forgot about them. So I'm sure they feel like they aren't treated the same. We had a long talk in the car about being grateful after her sister threw a fit about her barbie too because it wasn't a computer. Sigh.. The kids never have gotten gifts like that so I don't have any idea why she expected a computer. Thankfully the aunt that buys the gifts didn't see my children's unusual display of bratty behaivor as I quickly removed her from the room to have a chat.
Idk... this was just a toy my mother had bought for ods when visiting. She lives out of town. Some spur of the moment thing she bought kwim? It wasn't his birthday or anything like that. He said i already have this toy. I don't want it. Not even a thanks but I have this. So I said well your brother doesn't so he can use it. Then he changed his mind and wanted it. I got annoyed and said you rudely refused the toy. He ended up slamming his bed room door. So we had to have a discussion and he lost his door a few days. I mean at least show appreciation. But I can understand your girl being upset. Your family members really shouldn't do what they are.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:43 am
Anonymous 10 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:53 am
Idk... this was just a toy my mother had bought for ods when visiting. She lives out of town. Some spur of the moment thing she bought kwim? It wasn't his birthday or anything like that. He said i already have this toy. I don't want it. Not even a thanks but I have this. So I said well your brother doesn't so he can use it. Then he changed his mind and wanted it. I got annoyed and said you rudely refused the toy. He ended up slamming his bed room door. So we had to have a discussion and he lost his door a few days. I mean at least show appreciation. But I can understand your girl being upset. Your family members really shouldn't do what they are.
Yeah.. Kids.. My oldest never acted like that. His family had allways been like this it's annoying. It started with our oldest years ago we would come to their xmas after they begged and begged. Hubby hadn't seen them in years due to issues with his dad. I convinced him to give them another chance for the kids if anything. All my family besides my sister have passed when I was a teen so I get how important it is for them to have relationships with his family. All my children are his and blood to these people they just don't see us much because we live an hour away. That's no excuse though to treat kids like that. We didn't attend for a couple years because of this but we started going again when hubby lost his mother it kinda woke him up that he may not have much time with his dad. Still my kids no better than to act like that if you want to complain about it at least wait until we're in the car on the way home not right in front of everyone. I thought they both temporarily lost their minds.
Locked Previous topicNext topic